oscam / newcamd / mgclient problem help please :)

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,984 times. The last Post () by codar.

• Ok here goes....

Im running oscam to read my card on my ubuntu server with easymouse 2 usb reader! I have set this up without problem. I want to use mgclient 1.38 on my vu solo 2 to connect to oscam/newcamd!

I have setup the newcamd options under oscam and have the following

[newcamd]
    port = 34000@0963:000000
    key = 0102030405060708091011121314
    mgclient = 1

vu solo 2 reciever has the following in /var/keys/newcamd.list

CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
    CWS_INCOMING_PORT = 21000
    CWS = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 34000 bro1 bro1 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 wan newcs

I can get the channels to clear using LOCAL ip address (192.168.0.10) but when i put my EXTERNAL IP where xxx is no channels work. All the examples ive looked at online only show how to get working on local ip??? Is there way to get working using EXTERNAL ip without using CCCAM?

Yes ive got port forwarding setup in my router for the server to connect on external ip.

Any help much appreciated as i cannot understand why its not working unless its not meant to or im being a douche lol.

Cheers

• Official Post

Check canyouseeme website to see if port 34000 is open..

You also need an mg_cfg configured for the latest images, it`s attached.. Place it in /usr/keys folder..

Remove the wan newcs from the end of the CWS line, it`s not required, the example below is enough:

Code
    CWS = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 34000 bro1 bro1 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14
  • Have you got cccam to work using your external ip from within your network?
    If not, your problem might be your router not supporting nat loopback.
    Not all routers can support this and some which do, have the facility turned off.

Wikipedia.

If you can see your ports are open (canyouseeme.org) then more than likely it should work using your dns/ip from outside your network but giving a temp share to a friend/ using a different network (connect solo2 to mobile hotspot on phone if your solo2 has a wifi adaptor) will be the acid test.

• problem fixed :) Thanks to mastaG i cant believe that cfg and a restart of the softcam worked :) Thanks to all who replied for the help too but i knew i had the router setup right seems it was the files on the solo that needed adjusting. I removed the wan and newcs from the end too. Happy chappy no freezing and lower response times. Seems CCcam has seen its day for performance.

MGCamd Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for MGCamd Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!