Zgemma s2 motorised problem

There are 20 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 7,392 times. The last Post () by robijay.

• Hey guys,

I got the zgemma star s2 and have had great difficulty with it moving my motorised dish. I have a cloud ibox 2+ and tm5402hd that work fine with the set up.

I've tried nearly every image I can find openpli, openatv, hd freaks and open vix. Openatv and openpli worked great whereas hd freaks and open vix froze a lot. None of them moved the dish. All settings were correct with usals etc and I tried many european channel lists to no avail. Loaded in via tsmedia and with Dreambox control centre.

I tried a scan on a fixed dish 28.8e no problem. All the channels came in fine on all images but it still won't move the dish.

I'm beginning to think I don't have an original box. The ebay seller asked me to research cloud ibox 2 plus boxes that had similar problems as he's never used the zgemma star s2 on a motorised dish before. He said he thought it was a plug in issue.

I also haven't been able to activate an nline or cline with this box. I've tried cccam and mgcamd.

Other than the issues I'm having it's a great box. Very fast, responsive and the remote is great. Just wish I could get it working.

Any help would be much appreciated!

• Official Post

Use the power supply from the cloud 2 plus to try....
    My dish moved fine when i was testing my box out.....

Oh and use oscam or cccam 2.3 for softcam.

Stick to the offical images, openatv or opendroid. The others are patched from the xp1000 (and badly so)

• Hi guys, just thought I'd update here as I'm constantly learning from threads and who knows who could be reading this in time.

I returned my Zgemma Star S2 thinking it must be faulty as so many other people are able to move their motorised set up with the box.

I purchased a second box from a different supplier on ebay as did a friend. We are both having the same issue.

We both have technomate motors although different models

I also tried the cloud ibox 2 plus power supply with no luck and maybe 15 various images, openatv, openvix and openpli4.
    In openpli 4 an icon and countdown image shows up saying how long it will be until it reaches whatever satellite I tell it to go to but the dish won't move so I think USALs is doing the calculation correctly but maybe the information isn't being sent to the motor correctly?

If I solve it I'll make sure to post it.

I'm open to any suggestions as I really do like this box.

Do I maybe have a clone of a zgeamma? if so how do I tell?

• Hey guys

Figured out my issue.

Two things were wrong.

Strangely the box was not sending usals info to the motor despite being set up correctly.

I had to configure the lnb for one sat to begin with setting it up to use usals.
    Configuring lnb is not available in the positioner setting.

I then changed everything back to positioner settings and it's now working.

The other thing was my satellite list that I had in the box was not up to date.

• Hey Jami92 I did.

It's very particular with which Cccam it uses. I have tried images from sucmnscee and mtpockets that had working cccam.

I'm still not giving up! I think I have missed something simple.

Can anyone tell me if it's absolutely required to do a scan on each satellite when doing a motorised install or will a European Channel list and updated satellites.xml suffice?

I'm thinking perhaps I'll have to move my dish with my technomate and scan each satellite with the zgemma to make the sat stick.

• Official Post

Make life easy and install openatv then isetting plugin.
    install channel list...Full motor [ I use vanabile )
    Setup up tuner to simple....enter lat and long
    reboot box
    It should work.

• Hello, I am also having problems with my motor. the dish doesnt seem to be powering up, as the buttons on the motor do not work. the motor worked fine with my skybox A3.

Does anyone have any suggestions??

Many thanks,

• How far is your motor from your Zgemma ??
    What are your tuner settings ??
    Which tuner are you using for the motor ??

Hello thanks for the reply, my motor is around 10m away from the Zgemma 2S.
    I have attached some screenshots of my settings.
    & Im using tuner A for the motor.

Any ideas?

• Official Post

Okay mate, from what i have read on google your motor does not support usals ??
    I will test diseqc on my motor later (mine does both) and report back, (once wife finishes watching crap)
    thanks for the pic's makes life simple that way.
    What image are you using...??

• I think you maybe right, i dont think my motor supports usals, but it does support Diseqc 1.2. Its looking like I may have to buy a new motor. (it works fine with my Skybox A3 though)

I am currently running HDFreaks firmware (openhdf-4.2-zgemmas2s-290-20150727_usb)

Thanks for your time.

• Official Post

Okay mate, i have got this working using Diseqc 1.2. on a openatv 5.1 image.
    Its an absolute ball ache, thank you to whomever invented usals.....

Flash image
    Download isetting plugin and install vhannibal channel list
    setup tuner as pictured below....

Remember this:

Luckily for me my motor has the "go to Zero" function, so i can at least get a starting point. Then you have to tune each sat you use and store the position...
    Have a look at the screen shots, it should hopefully explain it further..... good luck

• The Superjack DG-120 is a clone of the old Motek 2100 which basically a lot of motors are these days and it does support USALS or should i say either GOTOX or Diseqc 1.3, USALS is the invention of both Eutelsat and STAB motors italy who invented and copyrighted the software.

So as we see these days motors such as the Dark Motor and Technomate 2300 etc.. all use the propriety non licensed GotoX etc.. basically so they dont have to pay STAB/Eutelsat.

Anyhow as you say the motor worked fine with the A3 in GotoX mode so it should work fine on the Zgemma, Did you send the motor to Zero before you swapped the A3 for the Zgemma. The purpose of this is the GOTO 0 function resets the motor table stored inside the motor itself a sort of factory reset, certainly worth a try

• All sorted now!

I bit the bullet & bought a new motor that supports usals & everything works like a dream! I even locked on to satellites that I was previously unable to find!

Thank you so much jenseneverest & digi247 for your help.

• Hey guys
    Just posting this for anyone using a zgemma 2s with a technomate motor and is running into the same problem I had.

When I first installed the motor I had no power light when the zgemma was plugged in but I did with a cloudibox and technomate receiver.

It wasn't until I enabled all of the satellites in a menu on the zgemma box then rebooted that I got power and the ability to actually turn the motor to a satellite. With the image I got from sucmnscee I was able to turn to 28.2e and 19.2e but no other satellites. The others are disabled by default. It was very strange but glad I got it sorted. I have a friend with an identical set up and this worked for him also.

Hope this helps someone.

• Thanks guys for all these infos.
    I share the same problem..using OpenPLi4 over a ZGemma h2 i cannot set up the motor. I am not even sure I am doing it as it should but what is sure is when I go to the Tuner Set up where I should be able to move left/right or find left/right ...my dish just doesn t move. I had another crap decoder called digiclass (no USAL) and it was managing my motor quite well ...still pain in the neck tuning all sat by hands.

I am looking for a dummy guide telling me how to set up my zgemma with a motorized dish....A to Z. Any useful link?

thanks again

• Motorized issue and duàl tunner not working properly star2s at a same time many bugs in images not solved cams support not good low quality hardware and low quality support this box

Buy always original vu and dreambox

• Don't think your answers have been very constructive in all the threads you have posted in as you've said exactly the same to each question.Not much festive support from you.I do appreciate the fact that Vu and Dreambox are far superior boxes as I use the Solo2 myself but if I can't help someone on the forum I don't dive in telling them to get another box.Merry Xmas!!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!