Hi, new to all this, what sat box?

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 560 times. The last Post () by monkified.

• Hi all, thanks in advance for any help.

Looking to buy a twin tuner sat box that I can record to a hdd or my NAS.
    What else can you do with these boxes, what's IPTV, XBMC. Can you run Plex on them so I can watch films stored on my NAS? What boxes would you recommend?

• Official Post

This is the 1 million £ question

You will receive many different opinions from many different people

If you want just Satellite, with IPTV and Plex/Kodi then consider one of the VU+ models that are available, i have the solo 2 and i love it, does all the above

Then we now have the WeTek receivers, which are very very adaptable and can do satellite/cable and everything else as well with many many plugin options

Have a read of some of the other similar threads on the forum, see what your budget is and make an educated decision

I wish you well

• Thank you. Is there much difference between the Linux VU+ boxes and the WeTek boxes which I think use Android? Are the VU+ more powerful? And what's the difference between the duo2 and solo2, is it just the CAM slots?

• I've got both and when there running you carnt tell any difference, I think there's more memory in the duo2 and you can put a 3.5 hdd in there, also it's the size of a small village compared to the solo 2, there's a nice lcd screen on the duo you can put pics etc on if your into that sort of thing, I personnaly wished I'd bought another solo2 instead mainly because of the size

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!