Linux PC-64 Oscam + Smargo-ECM times

There are 15 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,765 times. The last Post () by deerhunter290378.

• Hi guys

A little new to this so could do with some advice please...
    I have setup a linux PC using latest oscam with smargo smartreader sharing a white sly card to 3 LAN dreambox's plus 1 over WAN=4 users in total.
    All work OK with ECM times around 140-160 per user inc WAN. However, the ECM times sometimes spike to around 390 even when no channel change is happening on any of the boxes??
    This combined with internet latency is causing glitch to my friend the WAN user. I have tried as suggested using a DLINK USB hub to improve ECM times and also clocking of the card, both neither really achieved any siginificant improvement...
    The PC is of a decent spec, am I doing something wrong or am I just expecting too much...
    I have seen some really low ECM times quoted with many users present, but I can't get anywhere near!
    Thanks in advance (for your patience...)

Kind regards

• Hi Ten Below
    Here is my oscam.server file installed on my Linux server:

[reader]
    label = card1
    protocol = smartreader
    device = 001:003
    device_out_endpoint = 0x82
    detect = cd
    group = 1
    emmcache = 1,3,2
    blockemm-unknown = 1
    blockemm-g = 1

I have no box ID set as I thought Oscam could read this directly from the card??
    ps Thnx for the quick response...

Kind regards

• Official Post

Those times do look a bit on the high side, try removing this line & restarting oscam,

Code
    device_out_endpoint = 0x82

you are correct regarding the boxkey but some people are using it.
    Here is picktv using an internal reader for comparison

Code
    (0963&000000/13EF/68:DCB2): found (98 ms) by slycard
    (0963&000000/13EF/68:9777): found (93 ms) by slycard
    (0963&000000/13EF/68:BF41): found (94 ms) by slycard
    (0963&000000/13EF/68:E813): found (93 ms) by slycard
    (0963&000000/13EF/68:91CE): found (95 ms) by slycard
    (0963&000000/13EF/68:7521): found (93 ms) by slycard
    (0963&000000/13EF/68:A6F5): found (92 ms) by slycard
    (0963&000000/13EF/68:FB35): found (96 ms) by slycard
    (0963&000000/13EF/68:3359): found (95 ms) by slycard
    (0963&000000/13EF/68:92B0): found (95 ms) by slycard

Other channels times will vary.

• Hi
    Removed the line as suggested but no improvement.
    I overclocked the card to 6.86Mhz which is as far as I wanted to go without smoke.....he..he..
    Pick Tv is showing an ECM of around 140 but still spiking to around 290 from time to time...
    Still struggling and loosing hair fast...
    Thnx for all suggestions.
    Kind regards

• Hi Guys
    I have tried with 1 client connected with AU enabled. I still see the spikes from time to time and its these that are causing the problems.
    Not sure where they are coming from?? At first I thought they might be control signals being sent to the card but they have been there for the whole 2 weeks I have been running the server.
    The smargo is def genuine and having read a lot of support threads, I see no one else with these spikes??
    Could my card be faulty??
    I have tried overclocking and a powered hub, all of which gave small improvements to ECM times, but still the spikes??
    Loosing hair fast...
    Thanks for all suggestions.
    Kind regards

• OK Guys-thanks for your suggestions but running out of ideas other than the PC not up to the job (doubtful) or the sly card faulty???
    Tried every possible config but still getting intermittent large ECM spikes 250-390 even with 1 client and no channel change??
    I have tried various revisions of Oscam but using latest trunk 5990 at the mo.

• Hi guys
    I am running the latest Ubuntu server-quite minimal really with just the required packages installed.
    My ECM's are around 140-170 when steady, but it is the spikes that are causing the problems...
    I am running the vector graph in Oscam web interface so can see when they are happening.
    They are intermittent and nothing to do with the changing of channels, very strange....
    Thanks for all the suggestions.
    Kind regards

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!