CCCam 2.1.3 to 2.3.0 migration doesn't work?

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,672 times. The last Post () by smiffie.

• Bit stumped here.

I've been using various versions of OSCAM as a server with a CCCam client for many years but can only get older versions of CCCam to clear channels. Are there any differences in the configuration requirements for the two versions. I've successfully had OSCAM to CCCam 2.13 running with a 0936 card amongst others in DM500's, DM800's, DM800SE's, VU+ Duo2 with various Open PLi and Open Vix images and both with internal and external card readers. As soon as I change one variable - the version of CCCam - it won't clear channels, despite OSCAM showing entitlements and CCCam successfully connecting. The only reason for me to consider 2.3.0 after all these years is that I've read that for a dual tuner setup, the only way I can record one encrypted channel whilst watching another is to use v2.3.0??

What I am missing, does CCCam v2.3.0 need additional setup information?

• Official Post

Only CCcam 2.1.3 and below will work along side oscam as cardreader.. All other versions show the card as HOP10, not local.. CCcam will then try from your peers first instead of your card..

You would be better ditching the separate CCcam configuration and go oscam only or just CCcam 2.3.0.. If you need help with that let us know buddy..

• Only CCcam 2.1.3 and below will work along side oscam as cardreader.. All other versions show the card as HOP10, not local.. CCcam will then try from your peers first instead of your card..

You would be better ditching the separate CCcam configuration and go oscam only or just CCcam 2.3.0.. If you need help with that let us know buddy..

Hi Master G, you've confused me a little there as I'm trying to fix this on a VU+ running Open Vix and downladed "enigma2-plugin-cams-oscam-svn9842-cccam-2.3.0_openvix_all.ipk" - a file which I belive you posted?

http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=1689&page=4

I also downloaded "enigma2-plugin-cams-oscam-svn9842-cccam-2.1.3_openvix_all.ipk" which works fine, so I assumed the other file should work. It certainly infers that it should work otherwise why build a file using incompatible CAMs?

Anyway if straight CCCam is the way to go then so be it. The reason for using OSCAM is that it auto updates 0963 well and you can block specific types of emm.

• The oscam & CCcam 2.3.0 combo is used to read TNT sat card, it`s not suitable for running a server..

OK thanks, sorry for being a pest but do you have a link to the latest cccam.cfg for a 0963 card which allows U emm but blocks S/G/UNKNOWN emm's? Also do I now need a boxkey when using CCCam alone, its years since I've used it stanalone and assumed it was a dead duck now!

• OK, we are half way there, its now decoding the non-premium channels. Do you think this is a boxkey issue or possibly a service file issue. Also the generated smargo line doesn't work and doesn't look quite right:-

SERIAL READER : /dev/usb/tts/0 smartreader+

I was expecting (VU+ Duo2 with latest Vix):-

SERIAL READER : /dev/ttyUSB0 smartreader+

Do we still need to run these 0963's in smargo's or will it be ok in the internal reader? Also what frequency should they be set to?

Are you saying CCCam doesn't support emm blocking, I'd be a little happier being able to block them.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeh, serial reader needs to be "SERIAL READER : /dev/ttyUSB0 smartreader+", I think this is image related rather than box. Boxkey was incorrect and has now been fixed so all working now. I can confirm this fixes being able to view an encrypted channel whilst recording another. I also have the blocker set to "has blocker(s): Shared Group enabled", shame I can't block unknown's. Hopefully this will still update the card? Thanks again Master G.

• Is it OK to put an 0963 card into the internal reader of a VU+ Duo2? There was a potential overheating issue due to the voltage, which is why many of us use Smargo's. I must admit that I've had another 0963 in a DM800SE for over a year now and that seems fine?

CCcam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for CCcam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!