DreamboxEdit IP connection fine but can't connect

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 2,330 times. The last Post () by murphy.

• I can't connect to my VU+ Duo. When I go to options in DreamboxEdit and "Test ip connection ", it successfully connects to ip address port 80.When I check "Test Username/Password" I get "Could not connect to the Dreambox on address 192.168.***.***.port 21. Check the ip address and port number and try again".

I have today installed a Dreambox DM800 HD alongside the VU+ and I can connect to that one through DreamboxEdit. I never had any problem before with the VU+ Duo so it's maybe caused by the DM800 ? I have disconnected the DM800 from the LAN but that has not helped.

- - - Updated - - -

Managed to get it going; rebooting everything didn't help but took a chance at changing the ip address of the VU+ and hey presto it works.

• Great to know that, the situation is that the two boxes are using the same ip address therefore conflicting with each other.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!