Advice please

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 543 times. The last Post () by master G.

• I am new to using a Linux STB and I am currently looking for an STB with:

1) good support for the near future (not a model being phased out where support will be hard to find in the near future).

2) a fairly futureproof model that will accept current and any recently released images.

3) advice on which image is best and most futureproof.

As I am new to the hobby I have a limited budget (up to £110 ish). I am considering the Technomate TM-Nano-SE or the Golden Interstar XPEED LX2 unless forum members can suggest a better box within my price band? Perhaps for my limited budget I am expecting too much?

Thanks for any advice given.

Sat_Fan

• Official Post

The Vu+ range of receivers are the only choice that offer access to all of the main / popular images.. Vu+ Zero is within your budget.. If there was such a thing as futureproof, this would be my option, not for this receiver but for the Vu+ reputation to develop receivers that are well supported in the satellite community..

The Technomate TM-Nano-SE is an excellant receiver, i have one myself and although it`s only a single tuner, it`s a better receiver than my Vu+ duo. You don`t have as many options to images as what you would do with the zero..

Checkout this thread where rumpole compares the two receivers here => tecknomate TM Nano SE advice please

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!