Mag 250 date & time stuck as Dec 31 1999

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,998 times. The last Post () by stone1150.

• I cannot get it to change. I have updated it, I have rebooted it, I have checked the ntp server address, I have checked the localisation settings. I have repeated all these steps many times. It still says it is Dec 31 1999.
    I have even bypassed my router and connected the Mag 250 to the internet directly to make sure it was not a router problem. It wasn't.
    Can anyone help me please?

Confused newb.

• Enter the “System settings” - by pressing «Setup», «Services» or «SET» on the remote control (depending on the version the remote control)
    - Select “Servers”
    - In the input field “NTP server” enter "pool.ntp.org"
    - Confirm “OK”
    - Reboot mag250

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.

• Thank you, but done that several times, tried several different ntp server addresses including that one (tried uk.pool.ntp.org, 0.europe.ntp.org, us.ntp.org, pool.ntp.org), reboot each time, it's still Dec 31 1999. Even done factory wipe back to default settings and tried all again, updated software (using settings from Infomir) and tried all again. No change.
    I know that should work, but for some reason it is not working for this box. I don't know what to do.

• Try time.ntp.gov for time server. I used the "pool" one and lost time after a few days. Been running this one now for months. No problem.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!