Ferguson Ariva 153

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,913 times. The last Post () by telerele.

• hi
    im trying update my ferguson ariva 153 with rs 232 cable and using erom upgrade tool but every time ii geting message wrong file

• Is your erom tool the right version for that model? (they differ from model to model)
    Are you using the correct firmware for that model? (afaik erom will only work with original firmware, not patched one. You'll have load patched firmware after getting original one on ariva)
    Are you using a "null modem" rs232 cable. (they're a couple different rs232 cables but they all look the same)
    Have you a pc with native rs232 port? (some usb to rs232 adaptors don't work, pcmcia to serial rs232 cards work)

• i have the same problem.also i tried the attached files that CODAR sent .no joy.this is the first time i have ever seen a software problem saying ( wrong file )have done 120s/150s but this is a strange one.i rang Ferguson in poland today.there technical support is crap.any ideas out there lads. jhaye2x

• All that should be required is original firmware (model specific), right erom upgrade tool (post 4, downloaded from ferguson ) an rs232 null modem cable and a pc that has rs232.
    Some usb to rs232 adaptors will not work.
    I have no way of testing the firmware in post 4 as i do not have that model.

• Is your erom tool the right version for that model? (they differ from model to model)
    Are you using the correct firmware for that model? (afaik erom will only work with original firmware, not patched one. You'll have load patched firmware after getting original one on ariva)
    Are you using a "null modem" rs232 cable. (they're a couple different rs232 cables but they all look the same)
    Have you a pc with native rs232 port? (some usb to rs232 adaptors don't work, pcmcia to serial rs232 cards work)

I know that there are USB-RS232 cables that work with many receivers, but the manufacturer is the one that should at least tell us in their manuals what would be the specific reference of the cable that we would have to buy so as not to make mistakes.

Not everyone has an old PC, nowadays most have laptops that only have USB ports.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!