Problem flashing new image to Venton Unibox HD eco+ S2+T2/C

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,686 times. The last Post () by Bengt-Arne.

• Hello everyone ;-)

First of I has to say that I only has access to WiFi, no wired LAN.

My first step into ENIGMA2 boxes was with an Xpeed clone the Cloud Ibox3, and I hope it's ok to reffer to the clone to show that my USB memory and WiFi sticks was working OK in that one.

Has been trying to flash my newly bought eco+ (refurbished) with a new image, one of the reason is that none of my WiFi sticks is recognized, the other is that there is no functionality in the original Venton image.

Has now tried 3 different WiFi stick who all of them is working with the clone, no mater what image being used.
    The same goes for the USB memory sticks, all of them was working in the clone, the only problem there was if the stick was formated in Windows 8.1, then the sticks was not recognized.

As of now I has tried two 2Gb stick and two 32Gb sticks, both of the 32Gb sticks worked perfect with the clone even if some people was saying that it would not.

Has also tried both of the USB ports at the back and with the file “noforce” renamed to “force”, Its always the same no luck result.

In the box front panel I read “BOOT” > “BOOTING” > “UNIBOX” > “HDE” and then it start counting from 0 to 99 and stop. No text "POWER BUTTON TO UPGRADE" is shown.
    There is an diode on one of the 32Gb stick that shows the access to the stick, on that I can see that the box is accessing the stick 2~3 second in during the time the test “UNIBOX” is shown.

The directory structure is USB – unibox/hde/<image files>

In the eco+ original image the USB memory is recognized, but none of the WiFi sticks is recognized.

In Menu>Information>Abouth i get:
    UNiBOX
    By UNiBOX Image Team
    Support at www.venton.de
    Model: UNiBOX HDECO
    Chipset: 7413
    CPU: BCM7413B1
    Cores: 2
    Version: 4.1
    Front Panel: 05040200
    Kernel: 3.9.7
    Drivers: 30/07/14 19:20:30
    Last update: 2014-08-04
    /

Any suggestions?

I'm completely out of ides....

• OK!

Finally I got the eco+ flashed after trying a loot of different USB memory, the stick that was working with the eco+ is Datatraveler 111 16Gb. I used the original formate for the stick, it's FAT32 with 32kb sectors.
    There must be a real bad timing issue in the boot-loader, I has told Venton about it but I don't think they are interested in fixing the problem with a new boot-loader. At least not for the coming future, then it's forgotten ;-)

I has since I manage to flash the box discovered that they has some real serious problems when it comes to working drivers or lack of drivers.

Venton was recommending me to flash the latest boot-loader dated 2014-09-24, I was there hoping that the problem whit recognize USB memory was fixed. It's NOT!

They was also recommend me to use the latest Agonis image, so I flashed that.
    The Agonis image is an fork of Egami image, and frankly a real bad fork. There they has manage to break the handling of WiFi, the WiFi stick is recognized in the network-guide but when the guide is finished the WiFi is magically turned of. I tried 3 different WiFi stick and all 3 is working in my other box whit Egami.
    The DVB-S2 is scanning fine but real slow, outdoors I have it set to 0.8'w, 4.8'e, 13.0'e and 19.2'e and when the scan is done I got slightly less than 4000 channels and that includes a complete list of channels om 28.2'e. That is something I do not have in my setup, guess it's Venton's way to say we got some problems so lets help and hope you don't see it.
    In DVB-C it just gives me an error message :-(

I can make the list long, but think that I make it short and say “STAY AWAY FROM VENTON” then you got a chance to a loot more happy life ;-)

• Official Post

Should have bought the Xpeed we spoke about.....:06:

Flash boot loader:

http://www.opena.tv/bootloader…loader-unibox-hd-eco.html

then a stable image..

http://images2.mynonpublic.com…/index.php?open=uniboxhde

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to say, use this tool to format your usb sticks, works well on wind 8.1

http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html

• Exactly jenseneverest ;-)

Vas just one problem, I wanted a box with both DVB-S2 and DVB-T2/C and GI only had the one with 2x DVB-S2. I asked them... Othervise it had been an Xpeed ;-)

Annyhow, I got an experience richer.
    Beath not manny people can say they has an experience of an German company having whorse products and policy than a Chinees company!
    Guess the reaction if I now compare the resualt from scanning DVB-C in the other forum you told me...
    Only that maybee worth the cost ;-)

Frankly I first flashed the Agonis image, was curious if there was an restriction in partiation size for the new kernel with the original bootloader. There was no restriction as the Agonis (Enigma fork) with kernel 3.14.21 had no problem booting.
    I then flashed the 2014-09-24 CFE bootloader in the hope that it would work better with my USB memory, nope still same problem.

I hve since tested all the image avaible as Open PLi, Egami, Open ViX, Open Nachfalke (something) this was real nice but crippled as all image for Venton eco+, and also Open ATV dated 2015-04-17 and 2015-04-19. All of those image was identifying all 3 WiFi sticks in the network guide and all was looking good untill the settings was saved. Dang, no network. Back to the network guide and none of the stick was recognized.

So this must bee a Venton error, especialy when I know that the WiFi is working on most of this image on my China box... Maybee time to start talk abouth quality ;-)

I then found an image at:http://pluginvalley.kr/downloads/ for the SOGNO 8800 HD an box that not only has the same hardware, it does look exactly the same exept for the name.
    In that image WifI was working, and the DVB-C tuner was almost working, I only missed around 20~25 channels. Sorry to say that image was intended for the German market and they had put in som sort of block for using softcam, problem is that softcam is needed to be able to use original smartcards. Especialy when there is no working modul avaible in Sweden for that card.

Sogno image is by the way an fork of Open PLi 4.0, an image I at the moment has on my other box. Testing parallel where it's possible.

So now I has learned a new word for crap, Venton it is...

I had contact whit Venton support, and they was not realy understanding the problem (or just didn't want to admit it). So yesterday I mailed them and told them my experience and asked why? for each part like problem flashing, problem with WiFi and problem with DVB-C.

Last question was how they mannage to make a box so bad, then I told them abouth the Korean image. I has not seen any ansver from them today, don't know if I will get any ;-)

So if I don't get any ansver tomorrow, I just send a mail asking them if they wan't there shit back.

Sorry for the language...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!