Latest software for Mars Android satellite Receiver.

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,261 times. The last Post () by aftabkhan.

• I've bought one of these boxes to see what they were like. Its cheap and said it did xbmc flawlessly. It doesn't. The satalute receiver's soft cam stutters quite a lot and if you bring up the epg it takes a couple of minutes to load and the picture crashes while it does. The xbmc side is really bad. It is set on software decoding but that can't do hd. And the hardware decoding only supports 720p if you try a standard definition film with the hw on it goes green screen. Same as the 1080 films do in either setting. 1080 films will play through mx player so it must be an unsupported chipset with xbmc. It only has a single core hisilicon chip in it. I asked the guy about it and he tried to defend it as a higher priced chip than the allwinner ones. Does this new software solve any of those issues or is there a version of xbmc with hardware decoding for this chipset. If not buy vigica or videostrong k1 both have quad core a5's and Mali 450's. I've tried a k1 and it is far superior and the same price. As soon as tv headend is out on them they'll be great.

• Appereciate your comments . need to clarify points about mars box.
    I don't know much about Android and Kodi but what i experienced and read on kodi forums that xbmc/kodi itself restricted to 1280*720p.
    settings=>system=>video output=>1280*720p . These settings are grayed.
    I followed this video tutorial to fix this issue and now i am watching 1080p in Kodi, Their are plenty of solutions available on google.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-RlNlIumFM
    Regarding GPU. Hisilicon Hi3719M V100 CPU used in Mars box . 2 Mali 400 GPU's which means Dual-core high-performance GPU .
    Attached downloadable CPU/GPU Details http://www.hisilicon.com/engdownload...19M%20V100.rar
    CC**m and New**m stability depends on server side .
    Mars box have its own media player name Himedia player. Also user can use any compatible media player.
    Regarding hardware or software decoding question. Navi-x and other apps working for me stable with software decoding in kodi.
    Navi-X green screen problem will fix follow tutorial http://linuxsat-support.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32659&d=1429356420
    EPG 60sec freezing problem.... Yes its a software bug which need to fix but moving channel up/down will fix it manually.

Thanks

• I have purchased the mars android tv box only a couple of days ago,had great back up and support ,the box works
    great,with no glitches at all ,and would reccomend highly.

• I have one of these mars box for few months now and it's working super fine. I have to update Kodi to the latest version and it's super fine. No issues with the softcam. I have a multi room server, one on Mars and the other on another box and both are freeze free... Showbox is acting weird lately even on my HTC M8 so I won't say it's Mras box related. I have installed movietube and popcorn time both are very good alternatives to showbox.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!