Can't decide which box to buy

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 940 times. The last Post () by ekkostar.

• Hey guys!
    I need a box that has cccam/oscam support, capable of running kodi, with good dev community /feedback! Support for openvpn/pptp would be nice since I have a router with ddwrt dedicated to my actual izibox crappy hd+ :p
    I check some vu+, zero and solo se, also wetek play. One is enigma2 the other one android/openelec.

Got some questions, hope you can help me with :)

Openelec+vdr is slower than enigma2 at zapping? What about tvhead
    Does this boxes have the possibility to re wind when watching live TV? (I think for this I need a hdd right?)
    I saw that enigma2 is a wip for wetek, does someone know if it will be dual boot?
    Will I have any issues if I try to connect to an hdd mounted in my network?

Box will mainly be used for satellite TV and watch series/movies 1080p!

My budget is around 200,i can spend a bit more or I can also spend much less than that so.. I'm open to suggestions for other models :p

Thanks in advance guru's and sorry for this long topic!

Best Regards,
    Icipher

• You can go for vu+ Solo2 is a very good box it will serve as ur movie box with the full XBMC FROM THE PLUGIN area whic is what am using at the moment the sponsor of the site can sort you out on that i got mine from them .

• I have an old NBOX5800S which natively runs Linux and Enigma2, spec of the box is poor however gets away with most things, plus side it comes with a HDD built in for the live pause, rewind etc.

I was in a similar position to you and opted for the Wetek Play, twin tuner for 129(I think), started playing with it last night and put a Kodi image on it and using TVHeadend is a little clunky at the minute yes, but nothing unbearable for me. Reason I opted for the Android based over another Enigma2 was the number of apps available, whilst support is there for E2 via communities such as ours, Android is a far bigger platform and when E2 is brought to Wetek, really will have the best of both worlds.

That said, do agree with the posts above.

• Android boxes are pretty much all clunky. The Wetek is no exception and still a work in progress.

E2 runs more fluidly but XBMC crossover boxes are slowly improving. The Prismcube is the most mature, comes from the VU stable and has full Blackhole team support. At current prices it's a pretty good deal.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!