Has my amiko become a brick????

There are 17 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,677 times. The last Post () by uglykidjoes.

• hi everyone,
    Long one into a short one is i updated my amiko micro box and when it came back on id lost the NET CLINET CONFIG option so i couldn't input my lines and unlock the scrambled channels. so i read that best thing to do is to get a backup off a friend who has same box and flash again and just leave it unupdated as its not really a supported box at lavatronics anymore.
    so this morning i got a back up of a friends box same as mine and flashed with that and it all said upgrade successful wait rebooting ,..... and it turned off as normal after a flash but never came back on???
    i waited ten mins and still nothing so i unplugged and turn back on again and it all lights up as it should but nothing comes on screen just blank?

thinking if nothing comes on screen then i cant flash again or do anything but i hoping a more knowledgeable member knows what i can do.

thanks

- - - Updated - - -

anyone got any ideas on this ?im wanting to watch the football later on

• Hi mate,
    Do you have the Amiko Micro or the Amiko Micro SE?

• on box its the amiko micro HD

- - - Updated - - -

Dont use this box myself..but try to flash another image..or try to flash a rescue image with null cable

its not possible to flash another image as nothing comes on tv screen mate. as for null cable im not sure what one is ?

- - - Updated - - -

bumping to see if anyone else has any ideas before i put box in bin

• Hi

I have put up a post a while back on how to fix this problem you are having, go search my name you should find your answer
    BTW here is the FW for your box

And the tutorial he is talking about is Here
    however you will need a serial cable RS-232C to install the firmware

• Hi

I have put up a post a while back on how to fix this problem you are having, go search my name you should find your answer
    BTW here is the FW for your box

hi bud thanks for the reply and how can i flash the box if nothing comes onto the tv screen? glad to hear its not a brick aswell and theres still life in the old girl

• You need a RS-232 cable. then connect that to a PC or Laptop and open the application and install the Firmware

Edit:
    Attached the application below

hi and thanks for reply. ive managed to get the cable and installed it on pc and in device manager all is working fine and it says com15. now using that toolkit program when ive selected the firmware and com15 and press ok it just keeps saying cannot open serial? ive been through all list of comss aswell all saying same .

any ideas

also program keeps saying that the firmware file is not 2/4mb please check yet its 3 mb so no idea on that either

• hi and thanks for reply. ive managed to get the cable and installed it on pc and in device manager all is working fine and it says com15. now using that toolkit program when ive selected the firmware and com15 and press ok it just keeps saying cannot open serial? ive been through all list of comss aswell all saying same .

any ideas

also program keeps saying that the firmware file is not 2/4mb please check yet its 3 mb so no idea on that either

uglykidjoes follow this thread
    http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=67664&p=258428&viewfull=1#post258428

the guy had the same problem as you. I dont have a Amiko Micro anymore so i dont think i could guide you through the process but that thread could

• thanks sir i will take a look, just a note is its finding the com now yet after selecting the firmware and pressin gok it says

serial test.....

transfer data failed...

• I know its a silly question but did you extract the firmware hopper posted. It should be a .abs file

yes bud i extracted it, ive noticed that when ive tried to use it once and i get the data write error message when i go back to try again it says file is not 2 to 4 mb and ive to delete it and re extract to load it into toolkit again. strange i know.
    im still stuck with this is just keeps saying transfer data failed. ive tried differnt coms aswell and power cycled the box at least 30 times now with no luck.

• ive the amiko micro and using the firmware you posted to me bud. not sure on the loader tho?

just to note ive tried again on a differnt pc now and still same tranfer data error. tried many power cycles aswell

• Just thinking you may be using the wrong loader as this one is for the Combo
    I think I have a micro at home I'll test it tonight for you and see if it is the correct loader

sound mate ill await your reply.

- - - Updated - - -

Got to the point now where im ready to give in with it. Ive tried multiple pcs and laptops and now different versions of toolkit and all i get it transfer data failed.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!