HDMI Problem Openbox S10 and Sony Bravia TV.

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,326 times. The last Post () by kevin1000.

• Hi, I have an Openbox S10 and a Sony Bravia TV. I can't get the TV to recognise the S10 through HDMI. I have contacted Sony who say that it is not compatible as it does not have "HDMI Control" firmware. Does anyone else have this problem or more importantly a solution to it. Thanks. ali252.

• Hi, I have an Openbox S10 and a Sony Bravia TV. I can't get the TV to recognise the S10 through HDMI. I have contacted Sony who say that it is not compatible as it does not have "HDMI Control" firmware. Does anyone else have this problem or more importantly a solution to it. Thanks. ali252.

You don't need "HDMI Control" to use receiver with your TV.
    Connect the receiver to TV via HDMI 1, power on the TV, switch the TV to HDMI 1, power on the receiver, go to receiver menu an adjust settings.
    I use my Openbox S10 with a Sony Bravia with no problems.

• You don't need "HDMI Control" to use receiver with your TV.
    Connect the receiver to TV via HDMI 1, power on the TV, switch the TV to HDMI 1, power on the receiver, go to receiver menu an adjust settings.
    I use my Openbox S10 with a Sony Bravia with no problems.

Thanks for the reply bigbear. I have tried what you suggest but still nothing. I have used HDMI lead which is working with another receiver on same TV and have tried S10 on a different TV which works no problem. Sony said that it was not compatible when I contacted them. The TV is Sony Bravia KDL 40L4000. I can't think of anything else I can try so would appreciate any help available. Thanks. ali252.

• After you switch the TV to hdmi try to change video mode on receiver with V button.
    You can try also to disable "HDMI Control" from TV.

• After you switch the TV to hdmi try to change video mode on receiver with V button.
    You can try also to disable "HDMI Control" from TV.

Thanks again bigbear but still nothing. I do appreciate you taking the time to help but having tried all the above still no picture. ali252.

• You have tried both HDMI ports?
    You have the latest firmware on the receiver?
    Probably one of the two firmware has a bug, if one of the two devices is still under warranty let them know about this problem.
    You can use the analog connection (RCA) but will not be the same image quality.

• You have tried both HDMI ports?
    You have the latest firmware on the receiver?
    Probably one of the two firmware has a bug, if one of the two devices is still under warranty let them know about this problem.
    You can use the analog connection (RCA) but will not be the same image quality.

Have tried both HDMI ports and updated the firmware but nothing helps. Contacted Sony who say that S10 is not compatible with this set. I am watching through analogue but results not as good. HDMI works on my other 3 TV's. What a let down when you spend extra money to have a quality set in the lounge and this happens. Thanks again bigbear for the time you have taken to try and help me. ali252.

• try hook your hdmi cable at receiver and lcd also hook rca cable to.. and define source at your lcd tv. My o/box s12 same problem,if i pull out rca cable screen
    will black.

• Have tried both HDMI ports and updated the firmware but nothing helps. Contacted Sony who say that S10 is not compatible with this set. I am watching through analogue but results not as good. HDMI works on my other 3 TV's. What a let down when you spend extra money to have a quality set in the lounge and this happens. Thanks again bigbear for the time you have taken to try and help me. ali252.

I read something about Sony + Hdmi (openbox), last Month.
    Maybe it doesnt support openbox hdmi connection
    Remember, that Sony is one of the most important fighters against piracy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!