somewhat confued again with mgcamd

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,372 times. The last Post () by master G.

• I still am confused with mgcamd, i have never used it, but i recon i need to learn...i have many questions that are buzzing around in my nugget, and i hope i can get some answers..lol.

1. Is mgcamd only a client ?
    2. Can you add C and N lines to it from another server ? ( like a pc server you have )
    3. Is there a GUI for mgcamd like oscam or newcs ?
    4. When mgcand is used to update entitlements, can it be used on its own or do you have to use it with another EMU ?
    5. When your local card can only be read by either newcs or oscam ( like my card ) why is there no oscam / mgcamd available to download ?

I hope some kind person can answer my questions, i am really struggling to get mgcamd/oscam installed running on my vu solo and my entitlements run out tomorrow night. I have got oscam/cccam running really well, so i just need to get the mgcamd downloaded etc.....Cheers

• If you use oscam with mgcam on a vu solo, you need to activate the newcamd protocol in oscam and connect under the newcamd protocol with mgcamd.
    Dpending on the version of mgcamd, it is also possible to use the cccam protocol.
    But if you want to update your card,, I advise you to use oscam as standalone with teh dvbapi enabled like this in oscam.conf
    [dvbapi]
    enabled = 1
    au = 1
    boxtype = dreambox
    user = loca user
    request_mode = 1

and create in the oscam.server file a oscam user licke this

[account]
    user = localuser
    pwd =
    group = 1,2,3 #the ones you use in your readers
    au = 1

• thanks for that, but i cannot even get oscam/mgcamd running together on my vu solo, i am not given the option to download it via the blue button....i may move away from black hole and try PLI instead, i have heard that they still have the option to download EMU's via their servers. I thinks its very bad that black hole no longer supports this blue button option.

• Official Post

1. Is mgcamd only a client ?

Yes

2. Can you add C and N lines to it from another server ? ( like a pc server you have )

C line is added to cccamd.list and N line is added to newcamd.list.

3. Is there a GUI for mgcamd like oscam or newcs ?

NO

4. When mgcamd is used to update entitlements, can it be used on its own or do you have to use it with another EMU ?

Another EMU will need to used as well because Mgcamd is only a client.

5. When your local card can only be read by either newcs or oscam ( like my card ) why is there no oscam / mgcamd available to download ?

Install Mgcamd then edit the script thats in /usr/script/ so it starts oscam as well, below is a script to use with mgcamd_1.35a.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!