Namesever setting

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 427 times. The last Post () by davvo.

• Hi All,
    Sorry if this sounds dumb but i have flashed my TM 3T with the new vix 5.0 image and durring set up its asking for nameserver settings what is this??? i didnt come across this before as everything was installed plug and play when i brought my stb please can anyone sheed some light on this for me.
    P.S. sorry for being so dumb

• Just use the network wizard bud, it will fill all the details in for you.....

menu/setup/system/network/device setup (choose whether you are using lan or wireless) then press blue button for network wizard.....

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Hi mckee25,
    thanks for the swift response i did all that but it asks me to setup a nameserver i just wanna know what its for thats all is it something to do with my isp or is it for accessing my stb from outside my network of something .
    Many thanks

• its your routers ip address

example if your router ip is 192.168.1.1 put that as nameserver

the only time you would need to change it to something different
    is if you was geo blocked for streaming
    then you would use a vpn or smart dns

Edited 5 times, last by davvo ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!