Vu+ Duo2 from scratch

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 582 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Hi there,

First of all, sorry for my approximate english and my noobness and thanks for your help.

I'd search trough this forum from a little while to understand a little bit about my brand new vu+ duo2 with 2 dvb-c tuner in it.

The box seems to works. Now I want to:

- backup the original image
    I don't know exactly how to, If I copy the whole content of the box via ftp for example, will the image works?

- flash the all in one BlackHole 2.1.5 Vu+Duo2 UK Ready Backup By master G
    by follwing this tuto
    is this allright? (I precise that I'm not in UK but in Switzerland)

I'm also wondering if I can install cccam on original factory image, if yes how ?

• You might be better off just flashing an image of choice and forgetting about the factory default image (normally the default image is very limited)

Factory default images can be found here:
    http://linuxsat-support.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1081

Backup images are here:
    http://linuxsat-support.com/forumdisplay.php?f=605

Copying the content of the box may not work, there may be a facility in the stock image to perform a full backup (not sure though, but this feature is available in most if not all aftermarket images though)

Master g's backup image is configured mainly for satellite (dvb-s/s2 tuners, astra 28.2 uk primarily)
    Your have stated that your receiver has cable tuners (dvb-c) so in effect, this backup may not be suitible for your needs.

If it is astra 28.2 satellite you wish to receive, you will have to add a satellite tuner to your duo2 (if you don't have already one installed) or if you have no need for cable tuners, exchange the receiver for one with satellite tuners on board.
    The tutorial you linked to is spot on.

• many thanks codar! I can see clearly now the blackscreen is gone :)

I don't use DVB-S tuner because parabols are forbidden on balconies here. But it's ok for me to use cable chanels.

There is one more thing I would like to understand:
    I flashed the blackhole 2.1.5 backup from master G. -> Factory reseted -> services added.
    I use a softcam.key file that I store in /usr/keys folder to uncrypt services. It works well.

I have to update this file each month on all my boxes.
    I want to update it on one box and spread it automatically to the others.
    Do I do this by putting a F:line in the cccam.cfg file on the main box and a c:line on the others?

I would also like to spread the main bouquet and services lists if possible.

VU+ DUO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!