Mutant 2400 HD...will i be disappointed with e2bmc (xbmc) ?

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,936 times. The last Post () by lost.

• Official Post

Morning all,

Been thinking about getting one of these for a while and would appreciate some feedback from current user's on the performance of the e2bmc side of the box.

Is there other quad tuners about with e2bmc that i should be looking at ??
    Is the e2bmc side buggy ??
    What are the limitations of e2bmc VS normal xbmc/Kodi ??
    Would i be better off just running an android box and another STB ?? I have already, a quad tuner xpeed lx3 which i am very happy with and I have played about on a wetek play (which i sold after a week).
    What about the mutant 2400 hd as a normal STB ?? Again your thoughts please....

Thanks

• I would say that you are better with Wtetek and run it with KODI as stand alone box for KODI, then try to have the HD 2400 to do both for you
    The HD2400 is an autstandig box, but you allready have one very very good box and i do not see the pint on using your money for another one , LX3 is very good box

the HD 2400 as an normal box will not give you anything more then LX3 have.

• I don't have a quad tuner, but I have Atemio Nemesis (triple tuner) and a stand alone HTPC. Not a WETEK, but a proper HTPC (can upgrade)

In my experience, if you are watching TV shows or Movies in XBMC/Kodi then the sat box is probably OK for both.

BUT, if you want to watch LIVE streams i.e. sports, news channels or LIVE tv shows, an HTPC kicks the $hit out of an E2 box. There are many more possibilities/addons for live streams in "normal" XBMC/Kodi. Sportsdevil is a great addon and I appreciate all of the hard work that has gone into it, but there are MUCH BETTER quality addons/sources for watching LIVE streams on XBMC/Kodi.

I watch a lot of sports and my old school HTPC is a trillion times better for this.

I used TVHeadend on my HTPC for DVB-S TV for a while, but it's a pain in the ball$ updating channel lists, just takes so long, this may have improved now though, so others may chime in. But it's not as simple as Autobouqets or DBEdit on E2 boxes.

Also, XBMC/Kodi crashes now and then; not so good for the other half when it happens in the middle of a recording <<<< ask me how I know this.

I don't think the technology is there YET for a one box solution and that's my 2 cents.

Hope this helps.

Edited once, last by lost ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!