Oscam from scratch?

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,070 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Ok I'm gonna have one last go at getting Oscam to work on my Vu+ Duo2. I want to switch from my CCcam server to standalone Oscam server using my receiver. I will use Oscam svn10645(I think that's the version number). I will have in the config folder, Oscam conf,Oscam server and Oscam user. I will try to edit the strings in these folders correctly when I get home at 4.30. I'm just reading up on the forum on my lunch break to see what I could be missing. Something I have spotted but not sure of is, do I still have to have a CCcam cfg in the etc folder even though I'm only using Oscam?

Thanx for any help given.
    bo

• I have Blackhole 2.1.5 image. I have Redlight Viaccess card and a Sly card for the freeview channels. I currently have a small CCcam server,which has been running no probs for about 6 years. I would be more than happy to stick with CCcam but CCcam 2.30 stops by itself after a minute and earlier CCcam versionsrun great but they don`t see my local cards.
    Thanx.
    bo.

• Official Post

Try the attached configs. Send them to /etc/tuxbox/config folder. Sky card top slot & Redlight in the bottom. Let me know it`s working and i will make you an ipk for it..

Use CCcam2Oscam to convert your F line to [account], add them to oscam.user file.. Convert your C/N line to [reader], add them to oscam.server file..

Editing can be done through the oscam webinterface => http://192.168.1.1:8888 (change 192.168.1.1 to the ip address of the duo2)

• I`ve got this far before. I can clear channels with my peers cards and my local card.But my peers as users are offline. I`ve put the server port number in the config file.What else has to be added? This is so teasing,so close yet so far.......
    bo.

• When I check oscam status it shows user linuxsatsupport with protocol dvbapi as connected.But all my other users offline.
    bo.

- - - Updated - - -

Already did that.
    bo.

Add the server listen port you use in CCcam.cfg, to oscam.conf..

Code
    [cccam]
    port = [COLOR='#FF0000']12000[/COLOR]
    version = 2.1.3
    build = 3165
    reshare = 1

- - - Updated - - -

Do I have to put my receiver`s password and IP in the config anywhere so my peers can see my server?

Thanx.
    bo.

- - - Updated - - -

Can anyone help please?
    bo.

- - - Updated - - -

Still can't get my peers online as clients, I see them as servers but they can't see me. I have noticed that ,if I put remoteserver as user in the dvbapi in Oscam conf and the same in Oscam user, this then lights up green and says online in status. But no matter what I put in there,I can't get any of my peers to light up green. Someone must no what I'm missing here?
    bo.

- - - Updated - - -

Can anyone tell me what is supposed to go where "linuxsatsupport" is in this file please?

[dvbapi]
    enabled = 1
    user = linuxsatsupport
    boxtype = dreambox
    au = 1

Thanx.
    bo.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok.I take the hint .Please close the thread I`ve given up.

• Official Post

dvbapi is setup properly, you need to have a corresponding [account] for dvbapi in oscam.user. This was already setup in the configs i gave you.

You need to convert your f lines to accounts then add these to oscam.user.

Are you able to see any peers attempting to connect in the oscam log ? Can you show us a log, removing any peers details or ip addresses.

• Thanx for your help Master G. I`m gonna take a break for today. I`ve been trying for a couple of weeks now and non stop since last night. It`s doing my head in.I`ll refresh tomorrow.
    Thanx.
    bo.

- - - Updated - - -

Well at last......I now have an oscam standalone server running. You were indeed correct master g. Your files you gave to me, work great. The problem,I found by accident, was at my router. At my router I used the same settings I had for my cccam server. Which worked normally in my duo2 as it did in my db8000. But I noticed when I switched to the oscam, for some reason the duo2 would show unconnected at my router. So I enabled dhcp on the duo2 and hey presto it connected and oscam server began to work perfectly. I've now disabled dhcp and sorted the connection and my server is now up and running. Thanx for all your help master g, I couldn't have done it without your help. I'll now go and buy a couple of bonus ball numbers as a thank you.
    Thanx m8.
    bo.

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!