Rescanned DM500s box and now confused. Have I knackered it

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 741 times. The last Post () by gaz864.

• Hi,

I have a Dreambox DM500S which was working fine until a few weeks ago when only BBC1 was showing and all other channels were blank.

I managed to get into the setup menu by guessing the password and then went onto rescanning the box (via the backup/restore menu).

Once this finished the skin changed to another style and none of the sly channels are showing. Only FTA channels.

I am totally confused and would appreciate any pointers or help. Also will the cline details still be on the flash memory so that if I could reuse it to get the channels I paid for.By the way I suppose I will need to buy a null cable.

I hope the above makes sense.

• Hi mate...

have you tried just loading a new channel list on your box with Dreamboxedit? You can flash with flashwizard over the net or if your box is unreachable then you will need a null modem cable..Best channel lists are vhannibal or flipflop..Hope this helps..also if you ftp to your box and look in var/etc/cccam.cfg your clines will be there.

Regards

• check the config like doods says..see if the cline is still there..

if you ftp to your box and look in var/etc/cccam.cfg your clines will be there.

and did you pay a payserver for the cline?

• Thanks for the replies guys,

I paid for the box and cline upfront which was guaranteed for at least 12 months.

As I am only into the 9th month of the 'contract' that is why I am asking for this information.

Sorry for being a bit of a nonce but how do I ftp the box to check if the cline is still in the file...or would it be easier to get a null cable.

Thanks for the replies

• Hmmmmmmmmmmm sounds like you bought 12 months and only got 9 off a scumbag payserver, advice number 1 dont use payservers f so called contracts they are scum that are lower than a snakes belly, advice 2 buy a card and learn the hobby m8

Mutz

Any information provided on this site is not guaranteed in any way. Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• Yes.
    If you have the cline enter it again in the CCcam.cfg.
    If not you need to ask the scumbag for the c line again but don't think he will help as he already as your money.
    Payserver are scum.
    This is our hobby and it's about helping each other not paying for a cline.
    Get ya self a cheap card and share.
    Then you will be more than welcome to our world.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!