Help intalling hard drive to amiko alien 2

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,533 times. The last Post () by blueboy.

• Hi

Using amiko alien 2 E2 Hyperion4.5 , I need help to get my 500g external harddrive to work to record . Any help is much appreciated

• Hi, not sure if this helps but I just plugged in my external HDD into the USB port at the back and the OS recognised it and allowed me to format (NTFS)

• Hi Sionyboy here is a little guide I was given to set my ext. hdd up im using the same box/image so should work for you hope it helps.

connect EXTERNAL HDD /USB that has been formatted to FAT32 OR EX3 to rear of box go to menu /blue panel /mount centre / HDD manager / mount point 1/hdd set as /dev/sda1 using L/R on remote
    scroll down use automount set as enable press green wait for pop up to confirm mounted ok / red exit

For most Images the default recording path is set to media/HDD on most images the USB HDD will auto mount as sda1 or just usb. To set your USB HDD for recording
    and timeshift follow this procedure.

Go to menu/setup/system/ harddisk /recording paths.

In recording paths select default movie path and press ok on remote

Then press menu and switch to file list.

At the top scroll up to list of storage devices and press ok.

Find your USB device and scroll down and highlight it, do not press ok just leave it highlighted.

Press green on remote and green again to save.

Repeat the same process for Timeshift recording paths.

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!