Wetek NAND storage full - MY SOLUTION

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 1,601 times. The last Post () by djonesey.

• Hi All,
    **(not sure if this is the correct place to post this? if not could a moderator please move this post to the correct forum)**

I have been having some problems running out of free available memory with my NAND space showing 95Mb free of 1.86Gb total

I thought the Wetek play had 4Gb of NAND but i must be mistaken as looks like mine has 2Gb total
    *** perhaps someone could please confirm what their box shows?***

Now back to the problem.... I noticed my Kodi was taking up most of the space using 1.5Gb so I set about setting up Link2SD but to enable me to download and install Link2SD I had to first move the kodi folder from NAND storage using File ExplorerES.
    The Kodi folder is found at - 0/android/data/org.xbmc.kodi
    Using File Explorer ES I moved this folder to my 1Tb USB drive to create some free space then installed Link2SD on NAND.
    I then used 'Mini Tool Partition Wizard Free' on a windows Laptop to correctly partition an 8Gb SD card with the required 2 primary partitions (1st FAT32 @ 1Gb and second ext4 @ the remainder of the free space).

I installed the prepared SD card to the Wetek Play and after installing and running Link2SD I moved some apps successfully by clicking the app from the list in Link2SD and then clicking 'Link to SD'

I then intended to just re paste the Kodi folder i moved earlier back from the USB drive back to its original location but after some more Googling I found this information here - http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:C…data_location_for_Android
    It explains how to re locate the kodi data folders permanently to a USB drive thus freeing the NAND of Kodi's data completely,

I followed this procedure and ran Kodi which opened as if it was a new installation, I then pasted the org.xbmc.kodi folder I moved at the begining to the new Kodi data folder on the USB drive.
    Kodi now opens with all my customizations and addons restored, Android shows 1.4Gb of NAND available with Kodi and all apps running fine and the box seems much happier now it has some free memory!

for reference the entry in the xbmc.env.properties config file that worked for me was - xbmc.data=/storage/external_storage/sda1/kodi_data

Hope this helps everyone using kodi having NAND storage problems.

• Hi Techcare.
    I am trying to install a couple of games for the kids and my wetek is saying I haven't enough memory.
    Before I saw your post, I read elsewhere to format the 2nd portion of the card to ext2 format, which didn't work so I just tried your method of fat32/ext4 (sandisk 16gb card)and had the same error message .......
    "Mount script cannot be created - mount invalid argument"
    Is there a way around this ?
    Thanks in advance.

• master G

Added the Label Article

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!