Need help as an End User, not sharing

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 957 times. The last Post () by snailguy1.

• Hi All,

Question and Help /Suggestions Needed.

i've been using dvblink (dvblogi) on windows with cline(s) (multiple). Covering multiple satellites - main 3 euro sats. for many years. (and progdvb)

I have some linux experience.

I've consolidated my hardware into a white box esxi server - pfsense, windows (for gaming), kodiubuntu, freenas and some other stuff.

I've installed drivers for my tbs dual tuner, ati gpu and all working "inside kodibuntu" so I can watch my media from the nas.

I've installed tvheadend (from scratch - removed the kodibuntu pre-installed) onto Kodibuntu (basically just ubuntu which boots into Kodi - sort of a thick version of openelec except I can run other stuff on the ubuntu server).
    note - i also use openelec in the house running from a raspberry pi.

I've configured tvheadend with the dual tuner, diseqc for 28.2, 19.2, 13e and all is working fine for FTA channels, including recording onto a mapped shared drive on freenas.

For the clines, i've configured them as readers in oscam. and using newcamd which seems the way to do it for tvheadend to access (even though clines are for cccam).

my oscam.conf

This works for just the CAID 0963 - except getting some freezing (slow ecms). That's not the issue though atm.

As i have multiple lines and trying to access multiple satellites, how can I decode them all.

If i try to access anything other than a channel on 0963, the oscam log does not respond, as if because the CAID was not specified it doesn't attempt it. I have gathered that enabling mgclient should allow this to work.
    anyway - I attempted to add the other CAID's in sequence to no avail using a few different methods based on this :

http://www.streamboard.tv/oscam/ticket/3225

basically like sort of format:
    3333@0604:000000;0606:000000,000200;602:000000,000000
    3333@0602:000000,000000,0603:000000,000000,0604:000000

but nothing.

Does anyone know of the best way on linux to use standard cline covering multiple providers, whether by using a different method or fixing the method i'm using.

I don't mind using something other than tvheadend, e.g. mythbuntu

but i want to be able to access the video using openelec on the same network and possibly remotely.

• solved this - using latest tvheadend and by using camd.socket

Here are my configs - oscam r10868

Code
    [account]
    user                          = username
    pwd                           = password
    au                            = reader1,reader2
    group                         = 1

in tvheadend -
    in CAs, add CAPMT (linux DVBAPI)
    Mode = OSCam pc-nodmx [rev >= 9756] -- note, i did not have this option when using the tvheadend which came with kodibuntu (i also am sure i updated it).
    Camd.socket = /tmp/camd.socket
    Listen/connect port = 0

- I read lots of people saying they should use newcamd and make an nline, but this works fine for me. I do not need to enter any CAID or anything, it just works for all providers i have access to across 3 satellites.

Openelec working on the PI2 connected to tvheadend.
    Streaming access from web interface of tvheadend.
    Kodi on Android to tvheadend working.

note: to get recording to work properly onto a mapped freenas (cifs) shared folder there were some mounting/permission issues that i was unable to fix without moving tvheadend from hts to the main local user and mounting the drive as that user..

Happy Bunny.

one thing i am not sure about -
    is it possible to lock one tuner to 1 reader - maybe using groups?
    As - atm, i have 2 lines (actually identical but different servers). When i try to descramble 1 channel it uses both readers - that's good.
    But - if 3/4 people access a channel at the same time (maybe on the same transponder - as i only have dual tuner - atm), how do i prevent it trying to decrypt 3/4 channels with 2 readers, as my "friend" may "not be happy"?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry - yes..

How can i prevent a reader being used twice? i.e. if one is in use how can i make it use the other one? instead of using the same one twice ?

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!