BH2.1.5 XBMC wrong aspect ratio

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 993 times. The last Post () by paulus.

• The XBMC integrated in BH2.1.5 (same as 2.1.6 I believe) is stretching the movies to fill the screen -top and bottom. This leaves all actors tall and thin (except when lying down!). I have been through the settings/video/playback in XBMC but cannot find a setting to fix it. Has anyone who is using XBMC found out how to fix this?

• Official Post

I don`t think it`s possible to change the aspect ratio on the default enigma2 mediaplayer. You can with MediaPlayer2 using the number 5 button..

Get the plugin and dependencies here -> MediaPlayer2

Now modify xbmc launcher to use mediaplayer2.. FTP to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/extensions/Xbmc and backup plugin.py file.. Replace the plugin.py with the attached file. Reboot.. If you have any problem with the new mediaplayer2 just add the backup plugin.py again..

• I have installed the mediaplayer2 with its dependencies and directed XBMC to use it. It is definitely using it (on "pause" I see different info bar - looks odd in the HD skin) but still aspect ratio wrong as before. Pressing the "5" key while file playing results in a prohibited symbol at the top of the screen. Exactly how do I change the aspect ratio?

• Back to regular mediaplayer since mediaplayer2 did not provide a solution. Reference h t t p ://kodi.wiki/view/Aspect_Ratio it would appear that "stretch" is the default in Kodi - see "Aspect ratio is not kept - the image will be stretched so that it exactly fits the box. (default value)" this obviously is the issue, but in BH I have no idea how to set the alternative parameters ie keep looks the most relevant. Anyone know how to do this - these parameters are not available anywhere XBMC's system settings.

• master G

Added the Label Kodi Support

VU+ DUO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!