To download the content of a mail with curl?

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,128 times. The last Post () by sapx.

• Hello everyone, I'm a newbie to programming..I need to download the content of an email from my gmail account in my decoder, can you help me?

the syntax which I use is:

Code
    username = "my_user"
    password = "my_pwd"
    popserver = "pop3s: //pop.gmail.com:995"
    file = "/bin/file_name.tmp"

curl -u $username:$password --silent $popserver -X "LIST" > $file

but the output is a file_name.tmp empty, why?? Sorry but I do not know well the commands..

Edited 3 times, last by sapx ().

• Did you try just pop3 instead of pop3s? Some servers want normal connection first, then negotiate ssl.

The error is "error reading ca cert file /etc/ssl/certs/ca certificates.crt (Error while reading file.)"

I haven't the folder ssl in etc..I must install the certificates? How I do??

You can also try the "-k" (insecure) option to rule out certificate errors...

I tried but it does not return any data or any errors ..

• I solved with -k --insecure, I had not added "--insecure" in the line command..thank you very much for the moment..

Now I need to decode the file generated, containing the octets:

Code
    1 10646
    2 8165
    3 8188
    4 38755
    63 12435
    64 8813
    65 3568
    66 3570

- - - Updated - - -

Can you tell me the comand?

VU+ ZERO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!