XBMC green-screened and now won't open

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 848 times. The last Post () by paulus.

• Recently updated to BH2.1.7 - everything (seemingly) working well. Daughter was using XBMC and experienced a green screen. Since restart whenever you select XBMC it returns to the Addons Screen (green button). Have done the usual power on/off etc. but still the same. Any ideas - crash log attached.

Edited once, last by paulus ().

• Re-flashed and XBMC works fine, unfortunately tailored the image (network, permenanttimeshift, cams etc) and XBMC has stopped working again!!! Nothing added that wasn't there before and it worked fine for a time. Any help?

Sorry log file missed on first post - hopefully attached here.

- - - Updated - - -

Further info. I have discovered that XBMC fails AFTER I have mapped the HDD and USB stick. Prior to that XBMC opens but with no add-ons, once the HDD and USB are mapped then XBMC just fails. So I expect that some file or other on the HDD is probably corrupt and causing the problem. So going back to 2.1.5 (my last working backup) probably won't work either sonce it looks like a re-flash does not effect the HDD files??

• davvo some of the enigma2 crash logs for some reason are dated 1970?? I have attached the highest number crash log hope its the correct one, but the XMBC crash log above is the correct one. I can also confirm that reinstalling a working BH2.1.5 backup also has XBMC failing now.

• The files on the HDD will stay intact even after a reflash unless you intialize it, then they will all be deleted. It could be that the xbmc file on your HDD has become corrupt, just double check that the xbmc folder is stored there and not on the root file system as this can fill up very quickly. If you do decide to do a fresh install delete the xbmc folder from your HDD first (backup any folders contained in here before you do) as a new one will be created when you flash the new image. Is the HDD mounted ok in the image?

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• the readme from day 1 of xbmc for blackhole
    as post 9 above

To be sure that Xbmc is not filling your flash, after the first Xbmc launch check your filesystem. If you have the folder .Xbmc in the root dir "/.Xbmc" you have to copy it on /media/hdd and then delete from the root.

that log you posted is a old log for BlackHole 2.1.0
    lol

Edited 2 times, last by davvo ().

• mckee25 - I have an XBMC folder in my HDD with 8 sub-folders. Should all be deleted? Secondly, the BH2.1.7 I have been using was (your) backup posted on this site. If I delete these folders can I install my own updated backup or do I need to revert to your backup? When you say I should backup folders - are you talking about the 8 sub-folders on the HDD? but surely one of them may contain the corrupt file?

- - - Updated - - -

davvo - sorry I have no way of selecting the correct enigma2 crash log as explained. My XBMC folders are on the HDD and using VCC there is not an XBMC folder in the top level file structure (/autofs - /var) am I therefore correct in that it is not a flash but a n HDD problem?

• Delete the whole xbmc folder off your hdd bud, then re-flash my backup image on.... you will need to mount your HDD to the image after you reflash (blue buttonx2 and then device manager)

But double check what davvo has told you in post#11

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Thanks guys - know exactly what to do now - job for the morning. Thanks again!

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry guys - back at square 1!!

Deleted the xbmc folder on the HDD, reflashed with mckee25's backup, only mounted the HDD and USB and set the network, and immediately XBMC failed to open. No new folder has been created on the HDD nor in flash (if I understand "flash" correctly - ie the folders I see when ftp'ing from VCC). Now at a loss - any idea??

- - - Updated - - -

Having forced showing hidden files I find that the HDD has an xbmc folder AND a .xbmc folder. Deleting the .xbmc folder XBMC now loads fine and has recreated the .xbmc folder (on the HDD) - just need to reload all the add-ons.

Problem solved (I think). Thanks guys.

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!