Want to merge multiple settings files into one

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,433 times. The last Post () by nehaxak.

• Hi folks,

Looking for help with the following, hoping maybe someone of you have done similar before or know how to do this...

I want to use the latest Rats bouquet for 28.2 East then merge it with Vhannibal's bouquet for 13 East, 19.2 East and 23.5 East - to give me one single decent bouquet settings file.

I've tried to do this using DreamboxEdit but it's just not working at all via the import.

Have also tried Channelizer, again, no good.

Any idea's help on this one ?

Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

The way I used to do this was via the Vhannibal plugin (now discontinued) - so I'd load in Rats bouquet via dremboxedit or download it using a panel on the box (using a VU+ Duo 2) then set the bouquets on Rats as favourites in the Vhannibal plugin, not to be overwritten, then I'd update with a quad setting for 28.2, 23.5, 19.2 and 13 East from Vhannibal using the plugin, delete the Vhannibal 28.2 settings and I was sorted - but the plugin no longer functions so I'm stuck.

• i use rats for 28.2
    and also use Vhannibals motor settings

load Vhannibals settings
    then load rats
    rats wiil be in favourites via the blue button

any other sat press green
    pick a sat then provider
    then channel

• Thanks Davvo. That wouldn't do what I want but I've figured it out finally using DreamboxEdit ! yay :)

What I had to do was open two DreamBoxEdit windows, load the latest Rats into one and the latest Vhannibal 13,19.2,23.5 and 28.2 into another.

Next, in the Rats window, select the 28.2 Satellite and CTRL-A to select everything, then CTRL-C to copy.

In the second DreamboxEdit window which has the Vhannibal settings open, select the 28.2 Satellite and CTRL-A again to select all then CTRL-V to paste in and overwrite with the Rats settings you copy from the other Rats DreamboxEdit window.

Select the option to update satellites.xml from the Tools menu in the Vhannibal (second) DreamboxEdit window.

Save the Bouqet.

Now, in the Vhannibal DreamboxEdit window, select to import and go import the Rats Bouquet now in full, it should import with zero errors.

Save the Bouquet again.

Done.

Organise whatever way you want but now you should have your latest Vhannibal list plus the latest Rats for 28.2, which is always more up-to-date and better organised than the Vhannibal.

Damn chuffed :D

What I ended up with then was the attached settings, organised a little with Rats on top, very little changed at all really, just for anyone else wondering what comes of all the messing about above.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!