Newbie setup help with new DM800HD SE cl0ne #84a SIM2.1 PLEASE HELP :)

There are 19 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,987 times. The last Post () by Benkurd.

• Hi guys, i have just received this morning my newly purchased box and wish to start playing around and looking at the neccessaries to get setup for sharing. First things first though, id like to load my box up with all the FTA channels available in the UK, inc. the HD channels

The gent i bought the box from flashed it with OpenBlackHole image. He also said that he had loaded the channels for 28.2 into it, which i think he did.

Now please excuse the newbieness if some of these questions are a little "silly"

Upon booting the box, surely enough she loads up lovely and i can see a list of channels(typicalish looking channels list from 28.2) although it does not seem to be the complete channel line up. This does not really bother me but im looking to get a channel list as above(where from i dont yet know) and drop that onto the box. Its this i need help with.

I have already accrued a few tools to help me but need someone with the expertise to aid me in the next step of my learning...... :hungry:

• Thanks DaiC1, love the signature BTW ;)

Couple of quick q's- Are the files you linked to called the bouquets and do they need un-raring before use.

Regards

LandUzu

• cheers guys, useful info there.

Now i have been unable to connect my box using dreambox edit or even DCC as thye login fails for some reason, i can ping the box on the displayed IP but DCC will not connect ftp.

I have tried dreamUp too and cannot connect to ftp.
    I thought i was on a roll for a minute then.... ;( i have flashed a different image via the network cable and checked all relevant net settings like DHCP enabled etc.

Feel like banging my head off the wall now.

The box is connected via my router, i have tried a diff. cable, different port and restarting both the PC and the router??
    what next....am i being thick?

• have you changed you username and password on the box?
    should be
    username... root
    password... dreambox
    unless its been changed

No, not changed a thing, plus DCC has those details preset. im at a loss here.

i have emailed the seller to see if he changed anything but no reply yet....... strange one huh?

• Have you tried setting a static IP address for the box. I know it shouldnt make any differance but worth a try.

If its not broke --- fix it anyway.

• Use telnet to connect to the box with following credentials

usr root
    pwd [blank] just hit enter when prompted for password
    if in success

passwd dreambox

then you are good to go with regular root/dreambox as login

for telnet I use putty , just remember to set it to the telnet protocol ( using port 23 )

edit: more info.

T90, 800se 1tb, 800s, 600c

• Cheers, will give that a try now ;)

Edit: Just tried but a little unsure how to use PuTTy-Where do i put that user deatil of root?

if i just putty to the DB's IP, it lets me into the "dreambox advanced setup" page but nowhere in there to reset or even enter any passwords

Regards

• it doesnt, it just takes my straight to the drewambox advanced page when i hit enter.

im using the most recent copy (just downloaded) of PuTTy
    am i missing a checkbox somewhere?

in PuTTy, i input the box IP and select Telnet and hit Enter? (pretty sure thats what im currently doing)

• Seen that page somewhere before think that you have connected with telnet straight to the box and not to the image
    you are running , which image did you flash your box with ?

those blued out's are my saved connections so I don't have to enter them when connecting to them ever so often , thought I'd
    save the internet with that kind of information , ever tho they only are my local's

T90, 800se 1tb, 800s, 600c

• I have been able to reset my password and gain access to the box with the information and VERY KIND help of the lads in this thread, especially didi- Thanks a lot :shake:

I had been leaving my box in IP/Flash mode and trying to connect to it....Doh..... Anyway, that problem is solved-onto the next :)

Look forward to seeing you around soon after i make a little more progress to getting this lovely little box up and running!!

Peace

LandUzu:look_down:

EDIT: Please close this thread guys :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!