boot videos alien2 and others

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,723 times. The last Post () by pauldb.

• about 2 years ago i set about getting the boot videos working on the alien2,

the HDMU image was the easiest as that had it built into the code but only worked for mkv files so i had to change that

but at the time i was using pkt so heres how i started

extract the files and you will have 3 files in it one is the boot logo the other the boot video the other is the rcS file with amended code to switch video on

(ps cant switch it off yet off thats way past me)

goto /etc/init.d and replace the rcS file with the one i have given you (backup your own first though)

goto /boot and replace the bootvideo.mkv and bootlogo.mvi with the ones i have given you

reboot box and watch

the problem you may have though is you may have to alter the rcS file manually

this is the bit of code that is changed in the rcS file
    deleted the part that boots to bootlogo.mvi and replaced with this
    #(sleep 8; killall eplayer3) &
    (/bin/eplayer3 /boot/bootvideo.mkv; showiframe -p /boot/bootlogo.mvi) &

now you could change the mkv to .* so that it can use mp4 files

so that was on the pkt image

now for the HDMU image, this was the easiest of then all as the code is already in there but it only could use mkv files only and need to be switched on in HDMU center

so to use any avi file we goto /etc/init.d and edit rcS on line 484 or there about you will see this

/bin/eplayer3 /boot/bootvideo.mkv &

this needs to be this

/bin/eplayer3 /boot/bootvideo.* & save and reboot

this is the boot.mvi file

e9f1e95a796.jpg

like i said this was 2 years ago and was done as a bit of fun

ill upload a few more boot videos i did for other boxes, mips is a bit different as that uses eplayer4 and a slightly different method , but i manage to do that with the help of hdf as they did a plugin for that

- - - Updated - - -

this was a gigablue one i did

it was a rotating globe , play the vid and you will understand

936bbb1a9fd60b2722.jpg

• nooooo just tried this on pkt hyperion image and box is stuck on boot what can I do now will not connect dcc to ftp my saved settings back

iv just loaded up my old pkt from jan this year and have the boot video playing, what box did you use it on, the a2 or just the alien, also what video did you load as the gigablue blue one was for the mips

as for getting into the box if you time it right with dcc you should be able to type init 4 to stop the box then you should be able to ftp

if you try it again next time its probably easier to edit your own rcS file

- - - Updated - - -

Dose this still work on newer kernels pauldb ??

all i know is its working on the latest pkt and HDMU, like i said it was just done to pass time when nothing was happening (bit like now)

• how can I use the rcS file on Vu duo2 (openpli4)?

with out a lot of trouble as it uses a different method, this was just something i did on the alien2, sh4 machine, i did get it working on mips but it was a while back

look on hdfreaks as im sure they did the original boot video ipk file and that includes all the file

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!