Vu+ Solo Flashing Problem

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,698 times. The last Post () by ah_1st.

• I am trying to flash my Vu+ Solo via USB stick. I have put the image files in the root directory of usb stick in folder vuplus/solo. I then power off the box and insert the usb stick and the power on the box. The light at the front of the box goes red for about 4 or 5 minutes and then turns flashing green. At this stage I remove the usb stick and press the reset button at the rear of the box. The light then goes a solid green but I dont have any display whatsoever on my tv. I have tried various images Blackhole 2.15, 2.16 & 2.17 and also openvix. I have also tried using 2 different usb sticks. They are formatted to Fat32. I don't know if I am doing something wrong. Hopefully someone can put me put of my misery.

• Reading from your first post, you should always power the box down first before you remove the usb stick.... With the solo this means turning it off at mains, i've had a solo myself and never seen a reset button on the rear bud. They don't have a rocker switch for power on the rear.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk Pro

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Yes it has a little reset button on the rear. I bought it when they were first launched I guess over 4 years ago, maybe they were changed after that. The guide that master G sent me a few posts earlier even refers to the reset button. Anyways....... I flashed it as you said and powered off at the mains instead of using the reset button and guess what.....it worked.
    I have flashed this box about 20 times since last night trying different usb pens etc....lol. Anyways thanks for the help everybody! So relieved.

• Good stuff bud, in effect what you were doing was reflashing a new image then erasing it by pressing the reset button....

Glad your sorted!

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• I have a similar problem, but after trying all the above, it does not work. I have connected via RS232 and HyperTerminal. It show the flashing from USB going through OK and says "Please Reboot" when finished. After unplugging and restarting, it gives me these messages:
    dvb_bcm7325: module license 'Proprietary' taints kernel.
    Disabling lock debugging due to kernel taint
    DVB: registering new adapter (vusolo)
    bcm7325: hotplug_callback():
    Hotplug - status.connected 1
    bcm7325: hotplug_callback():
    Hotplug - connecting HDMI to display 0xe
    CPU 0 Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address c06fc8ac, epc ==
    c06fc8ac, ra == 800634f0

========================= and stops after this:
    Code: afb3002c afb10024 afb00020 (Bad address in epc)

---[ end trace 523f1bd7379b1c40 ]---
    Kernel panic - not syncing: Fatal exception in interrupt
    Rebooting in 180 seconds..

Is there any hope for this box?

Any help appreciated,
    Thx

- - - Updated - - -

update to above: I have managed to flash with Blackhole 1.7.6, and then with BH 2.0 and it worked fine. Only problem now is that the network connection does not work - passes network test but does not connect to Internet!

VU+ SOLO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!