special bootloader for sim 2 (clone)?

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,511 times. The last Post () by ELMTREE.

• I want to update my DM800HD with sim 2 (clone) se to Pli 4. Currently im running bootloader 84B, the pli 4 images require bootloader 84D. So i guess i need to update te bootloader first. I've tried to upload a bootloader 84d .NFI file trough webinterface but it says that the bootloader has a wrong architecture.
    So my question is:

Do i need to do a bootloader update from 84b to 84d first before flashing the pli 4 2.01 84D image? If so, is there a special bootloader for the 2.01 sim required and where can i get it?

Thanks

Edited once, last by master G: moved to support forum ().

• Thanks for the quick reply! Going to check it out this evening..

- - - Updated - - -

Just checked your file, it is the same as i already had. I get the same error message when trying to flash. IMAGE FOR WRONG ARCHITECTURE

I've tried to flash the NFI file, or is there something i should do with the binary (bin) file?

Or should i just flash the Pli 4 image without updating the bootloader first? I am a bit worried to f*ck up the image when flashing with the wrong bootloader.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the attached file is for DM800 HD not for DM800HD SE. I've downloaded the file here

• I think the attached file is for DM800 HD not for DM800HD SE. I've downloaded the bootloader file here: http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=38190

I've updated from Pli 2.1 to Pli 4.0 using the web interface. First i've updated the bootloader (upload the NFI file and hit flash) then type in the internal ip again (that is displayed when you restart the box and keep pressing the off button in the front). Then do the same thing again with the Image. Make sure the image is suited for the SIM you have in your box

• not being funny bud,but the title of your thread is special bootloader for sim 2 (clone)? (DM800HD with sim 2)

If you would of mentioned that your box was indeed an 800se then your problem could of been resolved quicker..

Just an observation..lol

• This may not be relevent to DM800HD, BUT With my DM500HD clone sim 2.10 It is IMPORTANT to flash ssl84 (the original bootloader) before flashing a later bootloader in its place. Then flash the image. Also flash with a service cable with (sunray flashup) or (dreamup) its more reliable and you get more feed back during the process. Good Luck!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!