Kodi 15.1 WeTek_mod_v1

• Kodi 15.1 WeTek_mod_v1

This is a Kodi build that includes some patches not included upstream that will improve (hopefully) your overall experience.

Since it's been signed with different keys respect those from Kodi build server you won't be able to install it over the older Kodi but you'll have to uninstall it.
    Take a backup of /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi folder before uninstalling or Android will delete it and you'll lose your configuration; restore it after installing the new APK.

You can use OE's /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml file

or

External disk spindown for WeTek Play

Flash cm-wetek-play-disk-spindown(attached file) from recovery, once booted to android use a root capable file explorer (like Solid Explorer for example) and edit "/system/etc/spindown.conf" to fit your needs.

The default configuration is set-up to spin down "sda" disk after 3600 seconds (60 minutes) using sg3-tools.

You don't need to flash the zip again if you do a rom update because I've added the addon.d backup script.

Note: your drive have to ne able to be set to sleep using "sg_start --stop /dev/block/$disk", I've tried it with 3 drives, 2 WDs and 1 Seagate and it worked.

Debian chroot

As very first thing you have to set-up a MicroSD card with two primary partitions, the first one must be formatted in FAT32, the second one can be left unformatted because the "sdcardfiles" zip will format it (I suggest you to give at least 1GB of space to the secondary partition).
    After that grab the two zips: wetek-debian-chroot-sdcardfiles.zip and wetek-debian-chroot-systemfiles-rc1.zip and copy them (together with CWM's recovery.img) to the FAT32 partition of the MicroSD (the primary one).
    Boot to recovery and flash the two zips (the order doesn't matter).

How to actually use it:

The "systemfiles" zip will add an helper file that I called "debian-chroot", together with the init.d script it will set up the chroot at boot and run the configured services (as a template the /system/xbin/debian-chroot file includes the execution of dropbear daemon, so you can use it as starting point for your own stuff).
    To access Debian you can just type as root from terminal emulator / serial console / adb over network "debian-chroot chroot", othwerise you can access using an SSH client to the configured Dropbear SSH server that is listening on port 2222.
    There are two default users: 'root' (pwd: wetek) and a regular user 'wetek' (pwd: wetek), both can be used to access to the ssh server.

robijay signature.gif

" Errare humanum est, perseverare autem diabolicum "

• master G

Added the Label WeTek Apps

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!