Hops information in another thread

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 625 times. The last Post () by LandUzu.

• Hi guys, i have been browsing around and thought i would post in the " I have no local, but id like to experiment" thread but i noticed on everybody elses posts, that they are leaving information on hops.
    ie;hop2=4 hop3=175 and so on.

Could someone tell me please what the information represents, where i get the same information from my equipment and its importance to others.

Regards

LandUzu

• I believe hops are to do with how many nodes you must go through before you access the card. So If a share in use is on hop 2 your server has to go through 1 server then that server connects to the another server with the card and the key is then sent back through the chain to you.If its hop3 you have to go through a chain of 3 servers, the 3rd having the card, so as hops increase so does the time taken to recieve ecm.

You can get the information from CCCamMyInfo.

• Thanks for that answer,

so if i post in the abovementioned thread, how do i know how many hops its gonna be for me if i dont have a local and wish to connect to someone elses? Also the hops are mentioned in sets of three, what does this signify please?

• If no one is sharing with you, then you will be hop1=0 hop2=0 hop3=0. once you receive a share, if the person you are sharing with has a local then you will have one at hop 1, and if they have some at hop 1 and are able to share that with you, then they will be at your hop 2 and so on. What you receive can only then be reshared with others if they arrive to you with a reshare. This can be dependant on whether the person who has the card as their local allowed this, as they can set how many hops down that card can be reshared, which is often only 1 hop down (i.e if you receive this at hop 1 you can share it with someone, but when they get it, it will be at hop 2, and with no reshare available). Because of this, then it is true to say that if you have no local, you find it harder to get reshares.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• If no one is sharing with you, then you will be hop1=0 hop2=0 hop3=0. once you receive a share, if the person you are sharing with has a local then you will have one at hop 1, and if they have some at hop 1 and are able to share that with you, then they will be at your hop 2 and so on. What you receive can only then be reshared with others if they arrive to you with a reshare. This can be dependant on whether the person who has the card as their local allowed this, as they can set how many hops down that card can be reshared, which is often only 1 hop down (i.e if you receive this at hop 1 you can share it with someone, but when they get it, it will be at hop 2, and with no reshare available). Because of this, then it is true to say that if you have no local, you find it harder to get reshares.

Cheers that was pretty much the answer i needed,

Best Regards

LandUzu

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!