Getting ET8000 up and running

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,882 times. The last Post () by codar.

• Hi Guys,

I am new to these Linux boxes and have just received my Xtrend ET8000 box.
    Would be great if someone could tell me the steps I need to take to get everything up and running.
    All I have done so far is Flash it with OpenVix Hades and messed about with AutoBouquets.

I also have a CCAM file which I would like to install to get up and running. Also looking to setup recording on the box so can record and watch different channel.

Have read a lot on the forum and getting little confused as to what to do next.

Would be great if someone could help.

Cheers

• Now have my CCcam added but looks like a lot of channels are not working.

What is the best way of scanning for channels and re-arranging them. Is there software that can be used?

• If you have got this far on your own bud you have done well.....

To install CCcam, press menu/plugins/green button (download plugins)/press down button to softcams..... when this opens select the CCcam version you want

After that installs you will then need to add your CCcam.cfg file..... you will need a FTP program (filezilla for example) connect to your receiver and place the CCcam.cfg file which should contain your c line in to the etc folder....

Restart GUI, after restart press the blue button and then select softcam manager, highlight the cam you installed and press the blue button to enable it. Now press the green nutton to start it....

Job done!

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Cheers mckee25, got that sorted now.
    Have scanned it all channels now but none of the HD ones are working.
    Do I need to do anything extra?

• Cheers mckee25, got that sorted now.
    Have scanned it all channels now but none of the HD ones are working.
    Do I need to do anything extra?

Is this the premium HD channels??? like sly movies HD & sly sports HD etc??? if so they stopped a long time ago now due to new encryption methods introduced by sly......

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Yea but even Sky1 HD, comedy central HD etc are not working. Are these included as the premium HD channels?

I know the sports and movies HD were blocked but thought I had the other HD ones working on my previous f5s box.

• Yea but even Sky1 HD, comedy central HD etc are not working. Are these included as the premium HD channels?

I know the sports and movies HD were blocked but thought I had the other HD ones working on my previous f5s box.

Yep all sly HD channels are gone bud..... you can still get BT sports HD/ setanta HD/ Boxnation HD but the encryption for these are not controlled by sly.....

What made you think that these would be available??? your supplier by any chance?

fI7WHhv.png

Yep all sly HD channels are gone bud..... you can still get BT sports HD/ setanta HD/ Boxnation HD but the encryption for these are not controlled by sly.....

What made you think that these would be available??? your supplier by any chance?

I thought they previously worked for me but I was wrong.

I am currently trying to setup my EPG and going to setting to change EPG location from Internal Flash to my HD that I have added, but it will not give me the HD option to change it to. Using OpenVix image.
    I added a HD to box and formatted it and it picking it up ok under storage settings.

Any ideas?

- - - Updated - - -

Ok now got the above issue sorted... Had to mount the drive under settings lol

Was wondering if there is a way I can organise my channels. For example remove/move the HD channels that I cannot get. As they are all first on my favourites list and have to scroll down to find the SD channel for it.

• Go back into autobouquets configuration and de-select/turn off "generate hd bouquets"/ select sd bouquets and allow hd swap (will swap sd channels with their available hd counterparts on free to air channels eg: bbc/itv etc.
    You can also edit any bouquet by pressing menu button while in that bouquet and move/delete any entries but if you've autobouquets scheduled to run daily/weekly these changes will be overwritten when the plugin runs again.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!