Emu Manager not reading oscam.server file

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,065 times. The last Post () by joeuser.

• Hi,

I have a sab box with Enigma2 installed. Followed instructions on configuring OScam.server file in var\keys and restarted emu Manager on box and everything worked. A friend of mine bought same box and asked for help. I had to remotely walk him through same setup (different username and password in OSCAM.server file, otherwise the exact same). Only difference in both setups is my box came with Enigma2 preloaded and he loaded himself. Anyway, I am having issues with his box. Unlike mine, when he retstarts emu manager, he gets no emc info. I was able to get a work around by giving him a copy of my ecm.info file and copying this into his tmp folder. As soon as he copies this in, everything works for him. Problem is, when he turns of his box, the file gets deleted on boot and he loses everything again. He is not a techy so I get a call everyday to get this working again after he turns it off for the night :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

Just saw option on to change file to read only...I wonder would this resolve it..guess worth a try tomorrow...

- - - Updated - - -

[quote='Abran','https://linuxsat-support.com/index.php?thread/&postID=291885#post291885']Hi,

I have a sab box with Enigma2 installed. Followed instructions on configuring OScam.server file in var\keys and restarted emu Manager on box and everything worked. A friend of mine bought same box and asked for help. I had to remotely walk him through same setup (different username and password in OSCAM.server file, otherwise the exact same). Only difference in both setups is my box came with Enigma2 preloaded and he loaded himself. Anyway, I am having issues with his box. Unlike mine, when he retstarts emu manager, he gets no emc info. I was able to get a work around by giving him a copy of my ecm.info file and copying this into his tmp folder. As soon as he copies this in, everything works for him. Problem is, when he turns of his box, the file gets deleted on boot and he loses everything again. He is not a techy so I get a call everyday to get this working again after he turns it off for the night :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

file seems to update with the time on my machine, so don't think changing attribute is the correct way to fix it.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone have any how to fix my issue?

• Yes, I understand all tmp files are cleared on reboot, but does the file get updated by oscam after you copy it to his box? (Does the time change just like on your box?)
    Depending on which enigma2 you have installed, there are differences in how they start up oscam.

• Thanks. I will need to do a remote session with this guy again to find out...working on it. Thanks for reply. He followed the instructions on freetv.ie on how to upgrade to Enigma. WE both bought from here, I just ordered mine with Enigma pre-loaded, he got his with Spark. At the moment all I can do is try to replicate his issue my side as the sharing sessions can be difficult. I checked all settings in the var/keys files and they match mine, then I noticed he had no ecm.info file in his tmp folder, so I tired copying in the file and it worked. Is there Any file that thet settings such as tmp directories and occm location files are set other than where I am looking?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi. File seems to get updated in tmp location. I asked him to check last night and it had last nights data on it. Even if he puts box into standby, the file is removed when he turns it back on though!

• If the file is being updated by oscam, then there must be some problem that it doesn't have permissions to create the file, only update, which is strange.
    The executable is probably in /var/emu - are you both using the same version of oscam? Which version? Have you tried connecting to the webif (http://box_ip:8888) to see the logs?

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!