Newb Questions

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 692 times. The last Post () by rikjaard-real.

• Hi All complete newb here so I'll get straight to the point. Currently I have vm but thinking of getting rid and getting a sat set-up my main concern is channels I'll be able to receive i only really watch
    BBC,ITV,4,E4,Comedy Central,E,Various kids and the Discovery and Nat Geo channels all HD i want to be able to watch these plus the footie and the f1.
    I've been looking at the TM 6902 hd t-2 spiderbox9900hd or a clone dreamboxHD plus what would be better a motorized dish or a static one with multiple lnb's i live just outside Oxford it that helps
    thanks in advance for any help

• Official Post

my main concern is channels I'll be able to receive

With a motorised or multi lnb setup you will receive what you get on vermin plus thousands of other channels.

When choosing a receiver think about whether you want to setup a server or only be a client.

Motorised dish will allow you to access all satellites, multi lnb will limit you to an extent, so decide how many satellites you want to view.

• Currently I use a multiLNB solution mainly because of the channel swapping that would accour becouse of the way my channel lists are made
    Sure this could be some how sorted by making lists by satellites close or even at the same sat. But i categorize my channels by other means so
    there for I choose the multiLNB
    My dish is a T90 with 8lnb's and I have the 1sec channel change time , with an motor setup changing channel from 0,8w to 28,2e naa not for me ,

For the clones , ppl claim to have problem with em , I'm very pleased with my 800se clone no fuzz what so ever , tho one need to be a bit careful what
    image to flash it with and not pick the wrong ones , but this is cleared quite clearly if not sure one could always ask.

T90, 800se 1tb, 800s, 600c

• Hi All complete newb here so I'll get straight to the point. Currently I have vm but thinking of getting rid and getting a sat set-up my main concern is channels I'll be able to receive i only really watch
    BBC,ITV,4,E4,Comedy Central,E,Various kids and the Discovery and Nat Geo channels all HD i want to be able to watch these plus the footie and the f1.
    I've been looking at the TM 6902 hd t-2 spiderbox9900hd or a clone dreamboxHD plus what would be better a motorized dish or a static one with multiple lnb's i live just outside Oxford it that helps
    thanks in advance for any help

jump in the deep end mate and get a motorised system !
    whatever your budget allows you to spend ! SPEND !
    if your completely new to all this then there is gonna be alot of learning ! nothing comes for free but if you put the time in you wil be delighted with the results !
    technomate stuff is pretty user friendly straight out of the box and there a uk based firm !
    Vu stuff is pretty much top quality but requuires some user input to get going upon arrival as is all the linux open sourced hardware !
    But dont be put off ! what ever your choice is your gonna find support here !
    If you get really stuck you can become a vip and receive 1to 1 support !
    So make the plunge and dont look back just have to do some reading !
    If your not confident to install buy the gear and get some one local to price up an installation of the dish and motor !
    Your still gonna have to do some homework to get the most out of it though !

Nice post

Rik

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!