Ubuntu server VMware no internet

• Hi I am running ubuntu 12.04 server on my windows laptop using vmware 6 workstation.

I have currently got the network setting set as host only connection but i have played around and cant seem to get it to work. Basically my problem is I am trying to use my father in laws N line to reshare to my friends using cccam 2.1.3 . He isn't in my LAN and my problem is I don't seem to connect to his line. He has assured me I have reshare and the line is working fine, as I am running it on my skybox. My router is a sly hub and supports dhcp.

I also had problems when setting up, I used the automated script from this site. When it got to step 8 it wouldnt connect to whatever outside site it was trying to get information from and froze and i had to close putty. When i checked 192.168.13.128:16001 I had cccam even though the install never completed.

Sorry for the rant I am getting to the point now haha.

I want to know how on earth I can get this "virtual" server to be able to connect to external address outwith my LAN?

All help is appreciated.

Thanks

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!