My First Receiver

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 619 times. The last Post () by TommyIreland.

• Hi,

A bit of advice required. I've done various research, spent hours upon hours reading about different receivers but still can't come to a conclusion, well at least not one which lasts more than half an hour. I think I've finally settled on one - http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Technomate-TM-5402HD , this is within my budget but I'm not sure if it gives me what I require. There are things which I know I can't discuss on here so moving on from that, my requirements are:

1. Around £100
    2. HD(optional 3D ready also)
    3. I think it needs a CI+ slot for what I require(not sure and can't discuss here).

I think these are the only requirements I have. I'm looking to jump in now and at a later date I'd love to get a motorised dish and have access to channels around Europe(my wife's from Georgia so that would be a bonus, I think you need Turkish satellite for that). I think it will become a huge hobby for me. But yeah, that's the future, right now I just want to jump in and learn but before I do, I'd like the advice of more knowledgeable people than myself.

So to cut a long story short, do you think the Technomate 5402 is for me?

Many thanks
    Thomas

• Technomate make good solid boxes, with plenty of support for them on this and other forums. You could do allot worse.
    The one thing that I would just point out is that it doesn't have a built in HDD slot, so if you wanted to record programmes it would have to be via the USB.

Have a look at the kingofsat website to see which satellites show Georgian TV.

bb69

• Thanks. Yeah I realised it didn't have a built in hard drive, it's not really an issue for me. I have a spare 16gb usb laying around anyhow, if I needed it.

I'm mostly needing it for the football and then just for experimenting.

I had looked up about Georgian TV but I think that's a future project as I'll need a bigger dish and motorised, from what I've read.

• never heard much bad about there boxes you should eb sound m8 , as stated b4 there pretty solid and theres a few on here using them the now so support should be
    alright go grab yer files required and tools you will need in read siome of teh tutorials so yah can hit the ground running on deleivery day ;)

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!