Dm500s

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 891 times. The last Post () by cryptixh.

• Hello everyone i have learnt a lot here great forum keep it up! I have a dm500s all setup with everything even (with payed stations) but i dont know the username pasword of the box and i dont know the pin to use tuxbox ..i have searched but the only way is to flash it using a null modem cable but i want to use the same settings into my new dm500 so i have thought about backing up the setting of my old box (with dream up cause thats the only way i think) and flashing it to the new one will they work both ? thanx in advance

• what image you running will help know [oss whart it is , you can also change the root password , but try root and dreambox :)

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• i am using gemini ..yes i have tried root dreambox but is incorrect ...i dont know if i can change the root password because i cant access the expert setup cause i dont have the pin code too :/
    thanx for your reply

• Have you tried using dcc E1

Download DCC E1

Type your dm500 ip address

Password may be blank or try gemini, commando, sattvhelp

Click on telnet
    Type passwd and it should ask you to enter a new password.

Or try this

First off, you need to have TuxBox commander. You can download it via the Blue Panel then ADDONS. Just select the Gemini Server and, when it's downloaded the catalogue, select PLUGINS and download Tuxbox Commander.

Once thats installed you can access it through Blue Panel, PLUGINS (Tools).

Fire it up and navigate to var/etc

Select the passwd file. Hit 4 to edit it.*

You'll see something like this:

root:$1$$3er43323sBBCAw.ofBbt.:0:0::/:/bin/sh
    sshd:*:65532:65534::/:/bin/false
    ftp:*:65533:65534::/:/bin/false
    nobody:*:65534:65534::/:/bin/false

Your root password will obviously be different to the above. What you need to do is replace the first line with this:

root:$1$$34NPeumc9sBBCAw.oUaM80:0:0::/:/bin/sh

And you have to be *exact*.

That resets the password to "dreambox" (without the quotes - password is now dreambox) and you're good to go.

• thanx for u answer but i have tried all of this the root paswword have been change and i cant access addons because it ask me for a pin which i dont know too

That resets the password to "dreambox" (without the quotes - password is now dreambox) and you're good to go.[/QUOTE]

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!