Inverto Multi Slim LNBs

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,665 times. The last Post () by Prophet.

• Does anyone have experience with the Inverto Multi (slim) LNBs? I am guessing from the price that the performance is not great, but that is probably not an issue for me. I am looking to receive two satellites which are just 2 degrees apart. I can pick each of them up separately now with pretty good signal with an old 60cm dish and a very old no-name LNB. The specs say from 2-30 degrees, but the bracket is marked at 3 degree intervals. My question is, how big of a dish will I need to get just 2 degrees separation? I am guessing that the 60cm dish will not be enough, but maybe an 80cm would? I could do the math, but real world experience is always more helpful. :)

http://www.inverto.tv/products/product.php?id=111&typ=52
    http://www.inverto.tv/products/product.php?section=1&id=70

• Official Post

Hi joeuser, i have the inverto multi lnb system with the slim lnb's on one of my dishes, i originally had it working perfectly well on an 80cm Penta dish, it was centered on 19.2e with the other 2 on 13e and 23.5e

I now have them on a 1m dish centred on 4.8e with 13 and 19 offset

Interesting test i ran, i tested an Inverto Black Ultra on some tp's on 19.2e and then on the slim Inverto's and there was minimal difference in the signal quality, there was a slight gain on 4.8e (harder to get in my location) where the Inverto Black Ultra gained about 2% quality

But all in all these slim Inverto's are actually very good indeed (in my opinion)

:thumb:

• Thanks for the info Prophet. Actually, my original plan was to just upgrade the old cheap single LNB on my motorized dish with a twin black ultra for those "fringe area" satellites. But when I was looking for which LNB, I stumbled across the multi LNBS and got the idea of using them on my fixed dish. Do you recall when you had them on the smaller dish, how close together the 19.2 and 23.5 LNBs were? That is 4 degrees and I would need half that, so do you think another LNB could have fit between them? I am still planning on ordering the twin black ultra, just not sure about a couple of multis also.

BTW - are you using the Inverto multi bracket? I am also debating on whether or not to buy it - it cost more than the two multi LNBs combined. I have been quite creative a few times in the past connecting two LNBs with various spare parts... :)

• Official Post

Hey joeuser, I think you could probably get away with the slim lnbs, can i ask which birds you are hoping to pick up ? if the birds are close enough to each other you could always use the advanced tuner setup and share 1 lnb for 2 birds, i have done this before with 7e and 9e and before that with 9e and 10e

Oh and to add there was plenty of room between 19.2 and 23.5

I am using the full inverto multi connect system, it is very high quality and well made, the whole system has been designed in such a way to make eveyrthing very simple to fine adjust.. that said, it is quite an expensive system, which you could perhaps do a lot cheaper with some universal holders, but the Inverto is really nice quality

• Thanks, I did not think to try that. They are 7e and 9e, but one would be connected to my alien2 and the other to my linux pc. But possibly I could use a good twin tuner...

Yes, the whole system looks good, but this is just to play with for powervu - and who knows how long it will last. ;) So I wasn't planning on spending too much.

I will experiment a bit with what I have and see if I can get good enough reception for both sats without moving the dish. And actually in this case, my smaller dish may work better... :)

• Thanks again for the tip! I couldn't get it working with my 85cm dish, but on the 60cm dish it is working "ok" with the old LNB. It took 30min of tweaking back and forth and adjusting the skew to find the sweet spot in between. I get bit errors on both sats, but no uncorrected blocks. Hopefully with a new, good twin LNB, I will get a better signal on both sats...

• if the birds are close enough to each other you could always use the advanced tuner setup and share 1 lnb for 2 birds, i have done this before with 7e and 9e and before that with 9e and 10e

I was wondering whether you could elaborate on this?

I've got a multi-sat system (28.2e & 19.2e and almost 13e). The dish is pointing directly to 23.5e, with an off-set lnb for 28.2e. When I did a scan on 28.2e it picked up the 28.2e channels but nothing on 23.5e. Is there the possibility that I could pick up 23.5e and 28.2e on the same LNB?

• Official Post

I was wondering whether you could elaborate on this?

I've got a multi-sat system (28.2e & 19.2e and almost 13e). The dish is pointing directly to 23.5e, with an off-set lnb for 28.2e. When I did a scan on 28.2e it picked up the 28.2e channels but nothing on 23.5e. Is there the possibility that I could pick up 23.5e and 28.2e on the same LNB?

No chance at all i am afraid, they are way too far apart

I have only had personal success with 9e and 10e on the same lnb, although i have read in the past of others doing it on other birds as well

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!