MAG250,dead - please help me

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 13,289 times. The last Post () by omarwatson.

• Hi

I bought a MAG250 yesterday and had it running just 1 hour. Did an update and then extinguished all. It is not lit lamp on the front or, or anything else and feels like the box is completely dead.

I have tried to burrow MENU button or the POWER button on the remote offices Trout andgenetic give the power on while but the receiver is not at all something. Not a single light that shines on it.

Is there anyone who can give tips?
    I would have been grateful if anyone can help.

Thanks in advance!

• would imagine a introduction post will help yah get answers 4 years in first post ever is a request
    not got a mag250 to help but just a suggestion ;)

also what mag250 you have lagit or clone if you have FF in mac address its probs a clone ,
    check new power supply incase its power supply thats failed

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

Edited once, last by Honcho ().

• would imagine a introduction post will help yah get answers 4 years in first post ever is a request
    not got a mag250 to help but just a suggestion ;)

also what mag250 you have lagit or clone if you have FF in mac address its probs a clone ,
    check new power supply incase its power supply thats failed

Power-supply is ok, I tried to connect a standard bulb on it and the light is on but MAG does not want to show the slightest quilts to the liver.
    You just think that this should not have to happen together with the upgrade.
    Can you flash the box in any way Dreambox?
    Have any tips what I could try?
    Sending a picture of MAC and serial number, and it is ordered from China, which inebärr that it is a copy and not the original.

• i posted a guid today in this section try that and post results

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• That box is dead. Apparently the last update for infomir had in some sort of clone kill code. Even though the MAC Address indicates that it is an original MAG250, it is really a clone.

Only fix will be to get an usb ejtag programmer, a dump of the MAG250 firmware and you can google the jtag connections for the standard 20pin connector and burn a new image to the MAG250.

It is easier to google around for someone offering the service and weigh the pros and cons of either buying a new stb, preferably the new MAG254 or sending it in for repair.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!