DNS problems with BT this morning

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,114 times. The last Post () by Prophet.

• Official Post

Hey all, anyone else having problems with BT this morning ?

For me only half the sites i visit are loading, obviously i can get on here (most important), earlier google wouldn't even load for me, i still can't access my bank, twitter and many other sites

I have had this problem only once before a couple of years ago and it was reported as a BT DNS server issue, if i switch to a vpn or 4G all sites load, so it seems to be a problem with BT again

I know i can switch to Google's public dns, but then there are privacy concerns in doing that

Anyone else having problems?

• Morning mate.Just got up and picked up my iPad as it's a bit of a habit and noticed your post.Before I logged on here I logged into my Lloyds account to see how much I didn't have and I logged in no probs.Have just tried other sites and everything seems ok.

• BT call centre on a Sunday morning??It'll push you over the edge!!I had a router problem about six mths back and I told them as much but obviously they are reading from a script (Have you done this?Have you done that?)You know,the blatantly obvious things.In the end they sent me a new router which I had mentioned half an hour earlier in the interrogation.Enjoy your day!

• For other free public dns servers checkout this list. I have used openNIC and freeDNS before. (check subnote on openNic on how to find more local server...)
    http://pcsupport.about.com/od/…ee-public-dns-servers.htm

(Link has annoying video, so here is a quick cut and paste of important info...)

• Official Post

Left the HH5 unplugged for over an hour, still the same when i have returned and tried again, no matter what dns settings i use i get similar results

I am using a vpn now and can browse all sites without any issues, but i shouldn't have to do this

What troubles me more, is that i can't find any trace on the net of anyone else suffering the same problems today, BT often has problems with it's DNS servers and the fix has always been to use Googles, but thats no real improvment

- - - Updated - - -

EDIT.... 35 minutes conversation with BT, call center destination unknown, they have admitted they are experiencing problems with their domain named servers (again) and hope to have things resolved within 48 hours

If that is the case, why is there nothing up on their site stating there is a problem and why is nobody else experiencing these problems

Oh well, will have to do some diy today

• EDIT.... 35 minutes conversation with BT, call center destination unknown, they have admitted they are experiencing problems with their domain named servers (again) and hope to have things resolved within 48 hours

If that is the case, why is there nothing up on their site stating there is a problem and why is nobody else experiencing these problems

Oh well, will have to do some diy today

Cause there been targeted by outside sources for non net neutrality & bowing to STATE survalance and there corporate policies on handing data over without question ?

or there just shite ....... who knows dom dom dommmmmmmmm :) , most likly the first ;) lol

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!