Update Bootloader & Fast Stable Image advice

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,215 times. The last Post () by nounou2004.

• Hi Guys,

Not used my DM800HD SE sim 2 in a while, over a year. Anyway I managed to brick it again but instead of it taking 2 weeks to get it back from no CA it took me around 2 days.

Now I'm not sure if it is a genuine or clone, cant recall. The bootloader is currently on SSL84B I can't seem to find a stable image. I used sunray previously to bring box back alive. When I http in internet explorer now though it does load to the main dreambox page again. Possibly due to me updating the release-dm800se.3.2.4.nfi

This is the image I have at the moment SIM2-Sat4Fun-image-1.0-dm800se_SSL84b.nfi although crashes to green screen quite a bit. nemesis 2.6 I tried, however I did like Nemesis and the image I have just now I can' seem to add addons, mgcamds etc.

I would like to update the bootloader to something more current and up to date and have a stable image in which I am able to install an EMU something that will support mgcamd/ newcamd 525. (for the moment)

I am looking to set up server, however that is another matter for the relevant section of the forum should I need to post.

Anyone with advice for to find an up to date bootloader and a great stable image?

Cheers

• Cheers guys I managed to boot 84d but when I tried to put in pli 4.0 beta ca,e up old or invalid image sometimes don't know why I start mucking around with things lol

- - - Updated - - -

Ahhhh I may kill a few dreamboxes in my sleep! Only luck I'm having is with ssl84b and the satfun image in my post. Its infuriating! I had a GP3 image on it previous by rahimer apologies if spelt wrong. I keep getting the whole invalid or old images. I've given up till morning

• Cheers mate I finally just kept my boot loader as 84b flashed nemesis 2.6 then managed to update image through internet. I reckon the reason it lost satellite was not shutting down the box properly possibly. Installed softcam cccam 2.3.0 and looking to add in mgcamd. Although server seems to use newcamd 5.25 I've flashed newcamd.list with details to openbox v8s and had small minimal glitching but wondered if it was due to an older version of newcamd I'm on the home straight though I think I hope haha. Not had dm running for a year or so. this site has been the best so far. Love how easy it us to find stuff and posts when trying to get info you need. Go Linux !!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!