Page up/down through EPG

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,869 times. The last Post () by *ste*.

• Hi guys,

this is my first post so please be gentle.

I have a zgemma twin and have it all set up and working beautifully :)

I have played around with the settings and managed to get it all set up exactly like my paid sub box. there is only one thing i would like to know if its possible to do and thats page up/page down through the EPG instead of individually scrolling through. i used to use the channel +/- button to take me through the pages on my sub box but i cant find a setting in the zgemma to replicate this setting.

any help would be gratefully received :)

thanks

dom

• it may help for folk to know what image your running on the stb :)

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• hi, thanks for the reply.

when i press the left right arrows by the numbers, it takes me through the various genres ie movies, sports, all channels, kids, documentaries etc

if i press the channel up/down, it takes me across the epg in time ie up though the hours in time to tomorrow etc

hope that makes sense

dom :)

• Official Post

Yup thats it mate, there should be settings that allow you to change the functions of buttons
    On my openATV image its under usage and gui - button setup
    From your earlier post im not sure if your running vix or atv but the teams both borrow each others code anyway.....

• hmmm,

ive opened menu, setup, system, user interface, button setup - if i press channel up or channel down, it brings up a list of options that i can change ie epg etc. if i click epg, it opens another sub menu where i have options to map channel up/down to various things but page up/down through epg isnt listed?

lost now lol

i guess im being a bit finicky as other than this issue the box runs perfectly, just wanted it running the same as my sub box, not for me but for my wife so she can integrate into using this new box as easily as possible

dom :)

Edited 2 times, last by dompsta ().

• On Vix image numbers buttons 2&8 will page up and down. Completely stupid setup if you ask me.

• Legend!!! that works!!!

how do i go about remapping them to the channel +/- buttons?

what i mean is, what menu setting is it found under? ive opened menu, setup, system, user interface, button setup - if i press the channel up/down button on my remote whilst in this menu, it does give me options to change various things but i cant find anywhere in the given menu's that says page up/down.

it must be there somewhere as its mapped to buttons 2 & 8

thanks for all your help so far in this, really appreciated :)

dom

• You can't, it's been asked many times on there forum for it to be changed or user customizable, but they won't or can't implement it.
    One guy created a custom EPGselection.pyo file that did it, I myself use it, but it gets overwritten on each update and you have to put it back in.

• No problems.

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions, its been really helpful.

To be fair, im actually quite happy with the 2 & 8 buttons for pg up/down now ive used them.

thanks everyone :)

Dom :)

• You can't, it's been asked many times on there forum for it to be changed or user customizable, but they won't or can't implement it.
    One guy created a custom EPGselection.pyo file that did it, I myself use it, but it gets overwritten on each update and you have to put it back in.

This is weird because when i got my box, it came pre-installed with firmware and the Blue HD skin and it has + and - 24hrs on the EPG and the up down page buttons work fine but i've bought another box and put firmware and Blue HD skin on myself and in place of the + and - 24 hrs is IMDB and the page up / down doesn't work like it does on my original box with exactly the same skin but instead, as you've said above - it's buttons 2 and 8 ... confused :/

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!