Help getting Oscam/ cccam workng on my alien 2 hyperion 4.5

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,545 times. The last Post () by Borgy100.

• Hi All.

Great forum and Im new so be gentle! Ive justrecently picked up an alien 2 and after reading variuos threads and guides on this site, Ive been able to download Fano's back up Hyperion 4.5 image, load to USB and install successfully on the box.

The problem im having (and Iveread so many different guides Im now starting to confuse myself) I cant get my c line to work on the box.

Ive downloaded a cccamto oscam converter and have the file saved on my desptop as oscam.server

Im using filezilla to FTP to the box. All connected ok. Ive deleted the exisitng oscam.server file that in the var/keys folder, and replaced it with the one I created.

Ive gone into the blue panel and emue manager and I have oscam_10000 installed with the image so Ive pressed the green button to restart the cam, but nothing is clearing.

Im getting frustrated as I spent a coupe of hours last night trying to work out what wasnt working....but Its beyond me.

Can anyone offer ny suggestions or help? I can PM screenshots or photos if it helps. Id reall appreciate someones time.

Thank in advance!!

Borgy 100

• Have you tried connecting to the oscam web interface? (http : // ip of box :8888
    It might give you some clues.

Thanks for the info I'll try your suggestions and report back. Thanks again.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for suggestion I'll have a try and get back with feedback. Thanks again

- - - Updated - - -

tell us what you oscam.server file is without the details

is this what you mean? (Ive blanked a couple of things out):

label=xxxxxxx.org
    enable=1
    protocol=cccam
    device=xxxxxxx.org,3xxxxx
    user=Borgy100xxxxx
    password=xxxxxxx
    cccversion=2.1.2
    group=1
    inactivitytimeout=1
    reconnecttimeout=30
    lb_weight=100
    cccmaxhops=10
    ccckeepalive=1

- - - Updated - - -

Try with the attached configs.. Then check the oscam webinterface to see if the [reader] is active..

In a browser type http://192.168.1.92:8888 (change 192.168.1.92 to the amiko`s ip)

I tried that and this is what the oscam webinterface now looks like - see attachment

- - - Updated - - -

BEng trying differnt things through the day but stil no joy lads...would really appreciate any help to get this line working!

Thanks againin advance and for your patience!

- - - Updated - - -

Hi all.

Just to let you kow I have it working for now. I started from scratch and followed instructions again to convert my cline...turns out I was not copying and pasting it incorrectly in the cccam to oscam coverter. It was actually in an n line format and so once i converted it properly and ftp'ed into var/keys I changed the attributes to 755, deleted the old oscam.server file out of the var/keys folder. Rebooted the box anf its working!!

Thanks for all your earlier help. getting into the oscam web interface really helped my start to understand what the problem was!

Cheers lads!

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!