GigaBLUE 800 Solo or Giga BLUE 800 SE

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,954 times. The last Post () by strike_gabriel.

• Hello,

for client ( my brother) , I want to purchase GigaBLUE 800 Solo or Giga BLUE 800 SE

they have same chipset at 333 Mhz, but I don't know if 800 SE , is better than 800 Solo. I find very pour info on net -- and I can't make the comparation, and to make the decision for purchasing.
    price range is 160-185 euro

what rec is better , from this 2 models .

can somebody recommend a better rec, in range of 200 euro price, than this 2 models ?

• The SE model has 2 USB ports, and the standard model only has 1

Looking at the specs, the SE model has a Broadcom processor running at 333 Mhz, where the standard is quoted as being 400

The main difference to note however, is that the SE model has the option of adding a hybrid dvb-t/dvb-c tuner module (which are about 35 euro), however, if you went for the cheaper standard model, you could always add a USB tuner (some are reported to be working fine), but with only one USB you would have to look at getting a USB hub, or you can do as I have and set up a network share for pvr functionalily.

If you are looking for an alternative, then the Vu+ Solo will be close to your upper price range, you will probably pick one up for around 220 euro. This has much more support than the Gigablue, but hopefully the support for the Gigablue will get better given time.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• a friend purchase a Gigablue 800 solo
    and use a image from RED team.
    this image has a bug- if you use a HDD on USB -- and unplug the HDD, the receiver , lose the mount - of HDD, and you need , to mount , every time the HDD, after a new plugin, on USB .
    --------
    maybe in future this will be solved.
    -------
    can be useful ,...to know....

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!