Want to replace my VU+Duo, What should i get?

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,470 times. The last Post () by world-of-satellite.co.uk.

• Hi, Iv had my Vu+Duo now for a few years, i have always ran VIX backup images (as anytime i try to set a fresh one up it doesn't work) I have always noticed my boy is rather slow and very temperamental i.e if something is recording and i try and play a recording at the same time the box will freeze, if i have to restart the box i have to unplug it for over 10 min or it wont boot up. i may be wrong but I'm putting this down to a slow cpu and low flash memory?

This being the case i would like a fast reliable box, Twin tuner, good RAM/flash. I use it as S*y box only, i did use 1channel etc a lot when i first got it but i cant get anything like that to work any more.

Which Box would fit the bill?

Thanks.

P.S there will be a Vu+Duo up for sale soon............Providing the issues i am having are user error/software rather than hardware issue.

• That box is not the best, but it is certainly not the slowest. It should have no problem recording one channel and watching another.

Maybe it is a hard drive problem? What drive are you using and how is it partitioned/formatted? Do you have timeshift enabled?

It could also be a problem with crossepg using up memory. Or some other plugin...

• Hi, the hdd was pre installed when I got it, 500gb from WOS. time shift is enabled, my epg is set to download every 24 hours (this rarely happens) to save on hdd.

• If you telnet to the box you can run a few commands to see how the disk is configured:

Code
    mount
    fdisk -l
    df -h

If you have been using it for a few years, it could be quite fragmented. (although none of those commands will show if or how much.)
    It may be worth backing up any recordings you want to save to an external disk and reformat the internal drive.

Also, if you have to turn it off and wait, it could be overheating - after a few years, it could possibly use a good cleaning...
    (And a heavily fragmented drive will also be warmer than usual)

• Hi buddy. You should NOT have those problems. Just fresh install another image and see how it goes. I have a vu uno and it does all of those things with ease.

• If you don't want to break the bank and want a much faster more powerful receiver, look at the Xtrend ET8000 http://www.world-of-satellite.…DVB-S2?filter_name=ET8000 dual core 1.3GHz.

world-of-satellite-banner.gif
    Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team

Official Distributor of Formuler, Edision, GiGaBlue, Mut@nt Technomate, VU+, and many more...

Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!

PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*

*SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!