change to omnikey reader

There are 19 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,647 times. The last Post () by frankies4frankies.

• Hi All,
    Any suggestions on the simplest way to change from using a smargo in oscam to an omnikey. Smargo running but I want to compare it to omnikey.
    I had a go at changing the oscam reader configs such as protocol=pcsc, new device bus and devise etc, but will not see card. The server I built using the excellent tutorial on this site which runs fine.
    Any guide would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

• I tried that master G but still no joy.
    I had also tried running the commamd lsusb which gave me a bus and device so I tried these eg 005, 003. Also put in protocol = pcsc
    Is the group important ?.

Edited once, last by hs5424 ().

• Thanks for getting back to me.
    I will try your suggestions tomorrow and post results here. Will I insert the omnikey, leaving the smargo in also, then run lsusb and see what device it sees. Do I need to put both the bus and devise numbers in the config which is what I have with my smargo setup.

- - - Updated - - -

Update,
    Tried the above but still no joy. One thing that might be important is, when I originally setup the smargo I got it's ID and added this in the 50-udev-default.rules. Do I need to make any changes here for the omnikey. My understanding was that this was to tie the smargo and the card together ???.

• Official Post

Try these few commands in telnet:
    To Add an OmniKey 3121 Card reader

Code
    sudo apt-get install pcscd

Code
    sudo apt-get install pcsc-tools

when prompted to install press Y.

Grab the Omnikey Drivers from the link below (CCID version):

Code
    http://www.hidglobal.com/driverDownloads.php?techCat=19&prod_id=184

Unzip it with winrar rename the folder to omnikey and ftp it to the /home folder

Code
    cd /home/omnikey/

Code
    chmod 755 install

Code
    ./install

Your Omnikey card reader is now installed and working….

Code
    cd

Code
    pcsc_scan
  • I has trying the install pcscd but get the following
    Failed to fetch http://ie.archive.ubuntu.com/u…_1.8.10-1ubuntu1_i386.deb Could not resolve 'ie.archive.ubuntu.com'

Is my server looking in the correct place.

- - - Updated - - -

I has trying the install pcscd but get the following
    Failed to fetch http://ie.archive.ubuntu.com/u…_1.8.10-1ubuntu1_i386.deb Could not resolve 'ie.archive.ubuntu.com'

Is my server looking in the correct place.

I see in the etc/apt/sources.list (which is new to me) the above url. Could this be my problem, and if so can I edit it to a different url.
    I also got the following when trying to install pcscd,
    Package 'pcscd' has no installation candidate

Pulling my hair out at this stage.
    Any suggestions please.

Edited once, last by hs5424 ().

• Thanks master G,
    I will give it a go. Hopefully I am heading in the right direction. Came late to computers. Weren't invented when I was training. Transistors were all the rage back then. Keep you all posted.
    Thanks again.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks master G,
    I will give it a go. Hopefully I am heading in the right direction. Came late to computers. Weren't invented when I was training. Transistors were all the rage back then. Keep you all posted.
    Thanks again.

Update. Replaced sources list and tried to install pcscd but get the following notice 'E: Package 'pcscd' has no installation candidate'
    I also tried 'apt-get install pcsc-tools but got the following
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    E: Unable to locate package pcsc-tools

- - - Updated - - -

Any other route I can take as I have being reading many posts and tried lots but for some reason server cannot find pcscd or pcasc-tools.
    Going blind also.

• Hi Master G.
    I managed to do an update and now when I run pcsc_scan I get the following.

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    pcsc-tools : Depends: libpcsc-perl but it is not going to be installed
    Depends: libgtk2-perl but it is not going to be installed
    E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Also if I run lsusb I can see the onmikey.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi All,
    Anyone know how to fix these broken packages. I have tried every command line on the planet but all in vain. I have read that synaptic packet manager could do the trick but I don't have any GUI on my server. As A last resort I tried installing GUI and at the end of the process I got the message that I have broken packages also. No hair left at this stage.

Edited 2 times, last by hs5424 ().

• Thanks annie12,
    Yes, I am considering doing that. I don't like admitting defeat. Server is running with smargo, I just wanted to change over to omnikey. Never thought it was going to be the death of me. I cannot install pscs tools as I keep getting ' unmet dependencies' and 'broken packages' notices. I tried all sorts of update, upgrade etc etc etc but still no joy. The server is built from this site and is oscam / cccam 14.04.2.

• run package update from terminal and then install those packages libpcsc-perl and libgtk2-perl.

sudo apt-get update _
    then
    something like sudo apt-get install libpcsc-perl

The update might sort it ?:stoned:

- - - Updated - - -

Try 'apt-get -f install'

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Thanks rikjarrd-real
    When I run apt-get update all appears to go ok. At the end I get the following.

GPG error: http://extras.ubuntu.com precise Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 16126D3A3E5C1192

- - - Updated - - -

Do I need to install pcscd and pcsc tools. It appears to me that when I try to get and install the tools etc, there seems to be some 'dependency' such as libpcsc-perl and libgtk2-per missing. Could I download and install these via ftp.

- - - Updated - - -

Does the fact that when I run lsusb and see the omnikey details tell me that the drivers for the devise are installed ok. Do I need to install pcscd and pcsc tools. It appears to me that when I try to get and install the tools etc, there seems to be some 'dependency' such as libpcsc-perl and libgtk2-per missing. Could I download and install these via ftp. I have just seen on another forum that libpcsc-perl and libgtk2-per don't come pre installed on 14.04.2 . Is this my problem all along. If I need to do a fresh install what version do you guys recommend that will run my omnikey whitout all the grief.
    Thanks in advance.

- - - Updated - - -

Latest update.
    I did a fresh install and went back to 12.04 lts. Smargo running fine but this time when I follow Master G suggestions and try and install pcscd I get the following
    Package 'pcscd' has no installation candidate. I get the same when I try to install the pcsc_tools.

• try using Debian ?:stoned:

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Thanks mate,
    If I do another fresh install I will go mad. What are other forum members running that supports omnikey, debian or ubuntu.

- - - Updated - - -

JOY AT LAST.
    Thanks to rikjaard-real and Master G and all members for their patients over the past few days while I was trying to get to the bottom of my problem.
    It looks like all the messages I was getting while trying to install pcscd and pcsc-tools such as missing 'unmet dependencies' and broken packages were all very misleading. In fact when I tried to install pcsc-tools using the command apt-get install pcsc-tools I got the unmet dependencies and broken packages notices when in fact all I needed was the 'sudo' command first. To me this is very misleading, as it appeared to be carrying out my command and failing at the end, due to missing packages etc. If 'sudo' was needed I would expect to be told first and not get 'led up the garden path'
    However I am from the 'old school' and you young guys are probably having a good laugh at the moment:20_003::20_003:

• after pcsc_scan this is what displays .......is that right or i still have a problem with my card

Using reader plug'n play mechanism
    Scanning present readers...
    0: OMNIKEY CardMan (076B:3022) 3021 00 00

Thu Nov 12 13:14:13 2015
    Reader 0: OMNIKEY CardMan (076B:3022) 3021 00 00
    Card state: Card inserted, Unresponsive card,

• Official Post

Which way do you have the card inserted into the omnikey ? Make sure the chip is facing the front where there lights are.. The green light should also blink red when oscam is reading the card..

• the right way if i slot my credit card it recognize it but not my irdeto v7 card

Visa credit card for Bank of Taiwan
    CommSec Debit MasterCard (Australia)
    that is part of my card if i run the pcsc_scan

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!