All Spider over 12 months to be disconected

There are 17 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,425 times. The last Post () by carmine.

• Has Darkman gone on holiday? as he is being very low profile at the moment just as this big news hits very strange do you not think?joint10

• He was sick for a while but he's back posting poor english posts again.:hell_boy:
    and ready to post something stupid about any stb forum that just has the wurd spiderbox in it so be carefull

Hi All,

I had mine for over a year to be precise 15 months and works well with cline and server and still works with new ethernet ie old gift ?

He was sick for a while

You mean keeping a low profile since trading standards extracted a large amount of Tring cards from his back passage :snicker:

• UPDATE

Boxer26

I am receiving many complaints and geetting abuse about disconnections. Many say they should have been warned. This was not possible. I only learned about the time expiration two days ago and had no time to tell anyone because I had personal issues to take care of. There was and is nothing I can do. There is a maximum time in the software that a batch of registrations can be active.
    Only boxes which were activated more than a year ago have been disconnected. Any claims about newer boxes being disconnected are not true. If you have a box 10 months and it has been disconnected, then you were sold a box that was activated before you bought it.
    Users have had sufficient time to learn to use the other features of the receiver. The initial gift was to let you see channels while you learned this.

Spider team

• I wonder if the boxes disconnected are all the same Box No. I wonder if its possible to go into the software and change the Box Key they would work again . Same thing happened in the Protec boxes. and some bright person found out how to change the box key.. Protec went mad saying it was Piracy Thats rich !!!!

• Update again..

• Mine is To! I think they have cut everyone off with a Certain Model No Box Key. So Its a matter of time to cut off the next load of boxes. The Spiderbox team seem to have shot themselfs in the Foot to cut the boxes off just before Xmas. It means all the people who were going to buy the box will think again.. Or they think all the people who have had the gift stopped will run out and pay £200 for another box. Do the Spider Team realise there is a Recession On.

• Mine is To! I think they have cut everyone off with a Certain Model No Box Key. So Its a matter of time to cut off the next load of boxes. The Spiderbox team seem to have shot themselfs in the Foot to cut the boxes off just before Xmas. It means all the people who were going to buy the box will think again.. Or they think all the people who have had the gift stopped will run out and pay £200 for another box. Do the Spider Team realise there is a Recession On.

your right mate !! @ Glen stated in post earlier have had mine for 15 months

• You get nothing for free these days unfortunately. I'm guessing it won't be long before these boxes are on ebay going for a few quid. People don't forget things quickly so i would say sales of the Spider boxes are going to start declining rather quickly once people realise whats happening.

Its the begining of the end if you ask me. The only saving grace is that at least you can use it as a CCCam client box once the free gift runs out.

nano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!