xtrend et8000 wifi problem.

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 1,009 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• Would by chance anyone on the forum have a xtrend et8000 using a Ferguson Wi-Fi W02 802.11b/g/n Dongle to connect to their router?

If you could advise which driver you installed to get the wifi dongle working it would be most appreciated.....

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• I think i have it sorted...... only took all feckin day lol.

It would seem that the Ferguson Wi-Fi W02 802.11b/g/n Dongle in a xtrend box can only use WEP encrption on a router..... if you use the newer WPA/WPA2 the dongle cannot connect to the router, this was with a Netgear & BT homehub 5.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wanted to update this post and bring the whole thing to a conclusion..... after further testing i did get the ferguson wifi dongle to work using WPA only encrytion. With the BT homehub the encryption must be changed first, then setup the dongle using the netwprk wizard and a full reboot had it working. If i selected WPA/WPA2 in the network settings the dongle would not connect but using WPA only on the router & image settings has finally solved it. This has worked well as i did go down the WEP key route only to find that the wireless heating controls could no longer connect to the router as it doesn'r support the older encryption methods!! lol

Just to finish this is in no way to do with the xtread receiver.... it was the same using the ferguson dongle with a Vu solo2. It seems to be down to the dongle itself and possibly drivers.

Case closed.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!